Open today: 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
Old but much fun had!

Is very worn around the edges but had a wonderful afternoon out here with our 4 year old! Is a bit... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
chloel333
Shopping for house, accessories and DIY

Whilst not as well stocked as it once was, you can still buy anything from musical instruments... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago

More Info
from $11.31
More Info
1,592 results
All reviews under one roof model railway garden centre go karts steam train train ride food outlets fun park amusement park bumper boats main store petrol station fish and chips free parking rainy day at reasonable prices on site
Selected filters
Reviewed January 17, 2020

Firstly I have to say many thanks - A recent email enquiry for an item was promptly dealt with by personal response from the PA to head of the store who went the extra mile to help me.

Very impressed, not many places today would you even get an answer never mind that level of service.

We always find all the staff, in all departments absolutely great and helpful (I'm sure in any organisation there will always be an one out, but we've never encountered them at Trago).

We've been visiting Trago at Newton Abbot regularly for years, we always visit the cafe & restaurant whether for snack or meal.

Great for kids too. All the rides/amusements may not always be open depending on time of year understandably, and sometimes only on weekends., best to always check to avoid kids disappointment. Grand-kids love the go-karts, if not always attended sometimes they will send a guy along, always best to ask.

It would be such a shame to see this place disappear, but with the size of it and so many amazing departments, you wonder how they survive financially. You can see it does need a bit of maintenance in a lot of areas, but staff do their best, there are a lot of them too so a lot of jobs and livelihoods depend on it. We like many would hate to see it disappear, so do give it your support whether a local or holiday visitor.

I'd like appeal to everyone in Devon to "think once, think twice, think Trago - before buying elsewhere (or online)" . Delivery service for large items is also really good from the store, there is not very much you cannot buy at Trago Mills.

Ok, it might cost same or just a bit more, but it is not always about the bargains in life, think of the added bonuses like; visit to the cafe for a Devon cream tea or a lunch (so reasonably priced) and what about the nice bit of exercise you are going to get wandering around the enormous store, (especially on a wet or cold day) not to mention the free parking, the kids enjoying the amusements and rides, an amazing model railway and the ability to find almost everything imaginable under the one roof!

There is nowhere quite like a Trago Mills. Maybe they have not "moved with the times" as one reviewer mentioned (which in some ways is not such a bad thing) but let us all really hope they will find ways to embrace the future of shopping without too much loss of their traditional style, and sooner rather than later before the future over-takes them.

Please, please, DO SUPPORT AND USE your TRAGO store/s, whether you are a Devon resident or just a holiday/visitor, thousands of us would be really miss and be so sad to loose this iconic Devon institution, and what is frequently a "good day out" for many people.

Reviewed January 9, 2020

We have known this business for over 30 years but feel that they have not moved with the times. The decor is down market, people want a nice place to shop even if it is a budget type enterprise. Some departments are very good like the book department, the excellent garden centre or the material department however the clothes department is full of badly displayed and dowdy items, likewise furniture and lighting etc. There is a lot of competition in both clothing and furniture and Trago need to up their game to be competitive. This could be such a goldmine with the family attractions revitalised and landscaping restored and a better catering offer introduced. At least the UKIP posters have now gone. People don't like being preached to on their day out! A total revamp of the store is needed!

Date of experience: December 2019
Reviewed January 8, 2020 via mobile

It used to visit Trago Mills monthly as a child during the mid 00’s. I remember it being such a happy place with loads of different attractions all over the place.
Returned today for the first time in about 10 years and all I can say how disappointing it is now visiting in my mid 20’s. I do get that it’s mid week in January but I have never seen such a lifeless place. The shop had empty shelf’s left right and centre and only about 50% of the items had no price labels on. Outside the main shop, there was nothing going on. No attractions open and they all looked very dated! Even the animals in the small farm area looked sad.
I’m going to say it will probably shut down this decade, which is shame, as I have many good childhood memories here.
I can say though the costumer service at the till was good and my pasty at warrens was tasty too!

1  Thank Niallwilliams25
Reviewed January 4, 2020

Huge shopping area, amazingly varied collection of items from the mundane to the unique. Give yourself at least 2 hours. We were there that long and never found the huge garden centre!

Reviewed December 31, 2019 via mobile

Reading previous comments, I have sadly to sayI agree that some staff are rude and unhelpful. At the Pick up point the man said i was rude because I hadn't ASKED him to put my goods in the car. I opened my boot and just assumed, as very heavy and on my own, he would kindly put them in the boot, and i would have said thank you. Sorry, I asked if that was normal, and he said most customers do it themselves. Would they really plonk furniture or carpet on the concrete and leave customer to struggle! REALLY!? I left when he started shouting at me. Having said that, the young lad in the shop was very helpful.

Date of experience: December 2019