“Excellent informal cafe”

The Pizza Cafe
Ranked #3 of 130 Restaurants in Newton Abbot
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Now in our 29th year of serving the best pizza you will ever taste.Open all day every day.Takeaway and home delivery service also available.Check us out you will love us.Now something of an institution in these parts.Taste of the West Gold Award 2015.Shortlisted for The Independent Pizza Restaurant of The Year Awards 2015(Pizza and Pasta Association)Loo of the year 2105 Gold
Newton Abbot
“Excellent informal cafe”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

This place is lovely, great food, locally sourced stuff, attentive friendly staff, child friendly, attractive surrounding and value for money. It looks like being one of my new favourite places around here. Brilliant!

• Visited March 2013

“Night out with work”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have to say I was a bit disappointed, its so cramped you can barely move! Pizza good but definately not somewhere I would rush back to. As it's the only place in Newton it has no competition. Decor, tables etc quite dated....no real atmosphere...

pizzacafeman, Owner at The Pizza Cafe, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review us and Im sorry you were a bit disappointed although you enjoyed your pizza.We are a small restaurant and it can be a bit of a squeeze when large parties come in but this usually contributes to our buzzy atmosphere.Dated decor is something that has never come up before,usually we get complimented on how great the restaurant looks especiaaly the toilets which are reputed to be the best in Newton Abbot.
I do hope you will try us again,maybe in a smaller group,to show you that dining here is a pleasure.
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
“Great choice and service!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We regularly eat here as a family as there is something on the menu for everyone. The restaurant is clean and bright and the staff are always polite and helpful. It does get very busy to I would recommend booking to avoid disappiontment. It is also a great place to go for coffee with a friend :)

Newton Abbot
“Never disappointed”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

As a family or just as a couple we love to eat at this smart little cafe in the middle of Newton Abbot.
Centrally situated with plenty of parking nearby it presents itself as fresh and clean and there is always a friendly welcome from the staff. A great selection of pizzas on their own dough made fresh twice daily as well as plenty of wraps,salads jackets etc.Their Caesar salad is a particular favourite.A good selection of drinks both alcoholic and non-alcoholic and they serve bottled ale brewed in Newton Abbot which is very good. If you have room a shared sweet rounds of the meal in a delicious way. Booking is advisable.Today two of us ate pizzas salad a shared sweet and a beer and a cider and the cost was just £30.00. Great value!

• Visited March 2013
pizzacafeman, Owner at The Pizza Cafe, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Coming on the heels of our last review your review was perfectly timed to lift my spirits.My team and i appreciate your comments,they have reinforced our self belief.Thank you
“Disappointing!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Visited on Sunday, really looking forward to visit as previous dining experiences had been very good. Were greeted on arrival and shown to our reserved table. It took 20 minutes before our drinks order was taken, couldn't blame this on the cafe being busy as only 6 other tables were occupied. After another 10 minutes had to ask for our drinks. Food did arrive timely after ordering. Three members of staff were huddled behind the bar area gossiping and not paying attention to the customers. I had to go up to the bar and ask for the bill.
Will not be in a hurry to return.

• Visited February 2013
pizzacafeman, Manager at The Pizza Cafe, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention. It is disappointing for me too to learn that we fell short on our customer care on Sunday evening and I sincerely apologise on behalf of myself and my staff. Please be assured that I will take steps to address and rectify the factors which contributed to your less than perfect dining experience. I do hope you will try us again when you will see that Sunday evening was an unfrotunate blip on our otherwise outstanding service reputation.