As title suggests, the food was pretty good and worth recommending but the service from start to finish was terrible.
Waiting with dirty plates for 30mins between courses, forgetting to cook of the main courses, promising to bring kids puddings quickly as they were bored with all the long waits and then bringing the kids puddings after the adults.
Generally being ignored by all the staff. No one seemed to have responsibility for our table.
Accepting payment by Amex then calling hours later to say they didn't accept Amex, but when we called to sort out they admitted they did take Amex and had billed the card already???
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our 13 En-suite bedrooms are individually styled with crisp white linen and home comforts. Each room is fully equipped with Flat Screen television with DVD player, free wireless broadband access, tea and coffee making facilities and hairdryers. Separate accommodation entrance for ease of access at all times. Traditional cooked breakfast using local produce. Bathrooms are a delight, with modern contemporary fittings, fluffy white towels and complimentary toiletries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Bickley Mill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Bickley Mill Hotel Newton Abbot
- The Bickley Mill Newton Abbot, Devon