“Great local restaurant”

Revolutions Restaurant and Grill
Cuisines: British, Mediterranean, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Revolutions Restaurant and Grill is situated in the heart of Chippenham, opposite a Taxi rank and close to both the Bus and Railway Stations. Great for Brunch, Lunch and Dinner. Family owned with both Shoestrings and Buckles eating close by. Using only fresh ingredients, the menu changes monthly and has the addition of daily 'Ready Steady Cook' style special dishes according to what is available on the day.
wilts
“Great local restaurant”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Although I have eaten here many times with family, friends and in groups, I have never written a review. As I have just made a reservation for the coming weekend with yet another returning visitor - who asked to go to Revolutions - I thought I should add my praise to the rest on this site. We are always amazed at how they can serve consistently good food - and a bottle of wine! - at this price. OK the price has crept up very slowly over the years, but it is still about the best value you can get in this area. The service is good, although they don't seem to have many staff and it is sometimes very busy, but they get around that problem by timing your table carefully. We always take our visitors here and have never had a complaint, and with some of our (famiily) visitors that is a challenge! It is great to have something this good within walking distance. Best to book at weekends.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank alikat32
sewebb, Owner at Revolutions Restaurant and Grill, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Many thanks for this review; always great to hear from someone who comes to the restaurant in different dining out situations.
We know that we run a very tight staff situation, but with all the money the government takes from us - business rates, tax, 20% VAT etc. and continually rising utility bills and food costs, it is the line we walk to keep the costs to our customers down.
Hope you have another good experience on Saturday, I know our small team will do all they can to make it one.
Once again, many thanks

Chippenham, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous local food with home cooked feel!”
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Came here the other night with my partner and WOW. Utterly fantastic! Had onion bhajis for starters and the best I have ever had, then I had chicken with pancetta for main with what looked like a muffin on the side and when I asked the waitress what it was she told me it was homemade cornbread, yummy! And my partner had pork for main with mini toad in the hole which he said it beat aunt Bessie's hands down!
For pudding we both had homemade meringue with lemon urs which was recommended by the waitress. Absolutely fantastic meringues! All threes courses for £17.95 and they through in a whole bottle of wine for free?? How can they do this!? I actually can't wait to go back! I can't rate this place highly enough! Thanks!

sewebb, Owner at Revolutions Restaurant and Grill, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Many thanks for those observations, Pat really does create some very unusual and tasty dishes. You will have to come along agian soon as we are about to start our new March menu
Chippenham, United Kingdom
“Good food - good value. But noisy!”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Well, perhaps we chose the wrong evening. We went with friends who are enthusiatic about Revolutions - 'The best steaks you can get anywhere'. And they were right. I don't enjoy steaks as much now as I did when I was younger, but the fillet steak I had here brought back the best of memories. The wine included with the meal was good as well - yes, good value certainly.

The place is popular OK! Perhaps too popular. For as well as good food I enjoy good company. But it was packed and noisy, so our conversation was shouted.

I'd recommend this to our friends, but if the proprietor could advise as to the best evening and best time to book when it would be a little quieter, I'd really appreciate it. It's great to have a good restaurant within walking distance of where we live so we can enjoy a drink without having to pay for a taxi. I really want to come back. Repeat the good food, good service but with less racket and I'll give you a 5 star rating!

• Visited November 2012
sewebb, Owner at Revolutions Restaurant and Grill, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Many thanks for your very thoughtful review. I have sent you a pm with my mobile number to ensure your next visit is (hopefully) a five star experience. Once again many thanks for taking the time to respond
“Wonderful priced lunch menu”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We came here on a busy Saturday for a girlie lunch. It was absolutely heaving but we had such a wonderful lunch.
We had the burger and a glass of wine and the handcut chips, they were just simply devine.
I would recommend Revolutions to anyone, and think it is one of the best restaurants in Chippenham, so I am shocked it is 16th in Chippenhamn, when in my opinion, nothing else copmpares!!

• Visited January 2013
sewebb, Owner at Revolutions Restaurant and Grill, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Many thanks for that Jen, so pleased you enjoyed yourself. The ranking on this site is a cause for some headscratching sometimes!
Derby, United Kingdom
“Excellent service and fabulous food”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Taken here for a treat and what a treat it was. The staff were excellent and courteous and the food arrived promptly. Good choice on menu and each of us was delighted with our selection. The number of people in the place was testament to the quality. Fab food and very good house wine. Would definitely like a return visit! Can recommend wholeheartedly.

1 Thank Vanessa2953
sewebb, Owner at Revolutions Restaurant and Grill, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Many thanks for the kind words, as usual, everyone was very happy to read an appreciative and constructive post.