“eating out”

Revolutions Restaurant and Grill
Cuisines: British, Mediterranean, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Revolutions Restaurant and Grill is situated in the heart of Chippenham, opposite a Taxi rank and close to both the Bus and Railway Stations. Great for Brunch, Lunch and Dinner. Family owned with both Shoestrings and Buckles eating close by. Using only fresh ingredients, the menu changes monthly and has the addition of daily 'Ready Steady Cook' style special dishes according to what is available on the day.
Chippenham, United Kingdom
“eating out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a bistro bar open all day. They cook food fresh for you. The emphasis is on local food and blackboard tells you where main ingredients come from. Lovely daily specials. Excellent for lunch, good idea to book if a few of you. Would like larger cups of coffee though. also does coffee and cake. Cookery books to browse through to further tickle your taste buds.
Not a buzzing cocktail venue. Been here several times,for lunch and dinner, always had good food and service.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Rebecca W
sewebb, Owner at Revolutions Restaurant and Grill, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Many thanks for your measured views. We do a large coffee and even a Mug if that helps. Good to know you like the recipe books, we are always happy to put your favourite recipe on the menu as we have done for a guy called 'Jezz'
Look forward to seeing you again soon

Chippenham
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Consistently very good x”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

I have eaten here many times and always found the food fantastic. I usually visit with friends and family but on my last visit took my two young children. The staff were incredibly helpful with everything and the lunchtime deal is a bargain.

1 Thank 12Homegirl12
Many thanks for this, I remember the lunch you came is as, if I am correct, you were one of the first to try the 'Jezz' burger; a veggie recipe sent by a customer. Look forward to seeing you again soon
Calne, United Kingdom
“Such a pity!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

Given the other reviews, and the management response to my previous review, I decided to give it another go and genuinely went with an open mind as it would be such a convenient place to visit for my family. I also acknowledged that we may have just gone on a bad day last time.

Unfortunately, this visit did not change my mind. The main meal was average and the staff are neither helpful nor friendly.

Whilst I understand it may not be nice to receive less than flattering reviews, this really needs sorting out as my Husband and I both felt the food was OK, but the service appalling. Staff walk past you despite numerous requests for water etc and even when paying, we felt we were in the way of whatever they felt was more important.

Had the food been as delicious as the management insist, and the service been customer focused and less frustrating, I would have been over the moon, and happy to state it in a review!

Given the number of similar comments, perhaps this really isn't about us, but about staff attitude. Perhaps this time, should you post a response, you could address all the main points about service and not write inaccurate comments based on an email from a pretend customer I received.

Final thoughts - You could have a really fantastic restaurant given the location etc, if only the service were there and it didn't feel like customers are invading your space all the time. I really don't understand why it is so hard for the staff to understand and display basic good customer service skills. Why would anyone work in/own a restaurant, then treat customers like they really aren't interested and make excuses all the time? It's beyond me!

• Visited November 2012
3 Thank Spiralgoddess
sewebb, Owner at Revolutions Restaurant and Grill, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
My God woman, what is the matter with you. If this experience was also that bad why wait two months to write on Tripadvisor as this seems to be one of your hobbies. Visit our daily blog page on Facebook to see the rest of the response
Wiltshire
“Evening Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

We were given a Christmas present of a voucher for a 3 course meal with wine and decided to use it on Friday night. We were in for a nice surprise. We are always trying to think of somewhere to eat in Chippenham but had not actually been in Revolutions. The food was great, Caesar Salad and Grilled goats cheese on crouton for our starters and I had Church Farm beef which was beautifully cooked and my husband had a steak which he asked for rare and it was cooked just right, Veg and 2 types of potatoes. We also had desserts (it was a job to choose what to have). It was great to see locally produced beef and produce being used. Also included was a bottle of wine. The staff were great and friendly and very efficient and calm, no mad rushing about, just felt calm. The restaurant was candle lit, cosy and warm. Just what we needed for a night out. We will definitely be going back again and would recommend it. If we had been paying it would have been excellent value for money and £19 per head for the 3 course meal and wine. Several members of our family were also given vouchers for Christmas and they are looking forward to their evening out.

2 Thank JellyWiltshire
So pleased you enjoyed your Christmas pressie, look forward to seeing the rest of your family
Chippenham, United Kingdom
“A Diamond.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

Salmon Risotto starter. Catch of the day Cod main. Chocolate cake with clotted cream and Strawberries for pudding. Free wine. Tia Maria coffee's. Squeezed in at 21:30 without a table but still took the time to find us a seat and served the best food in the west by the most dedicated and hard working people you could ever meet! This place has such character. An almost Parisian feel. Two people. Two, three course meals for £46! The people complaining don't know what they're talking about. We've dined all over the world from London to Warsaw. Singapore to Sydney. I couldn't think of anywhere else I would would rather eat out. And it's right on my doorstep. Chippenham doesn't have much to shout about these days but 'Revs' is a real Diamond.

1 Thank LeightonWarrenPhotos
Thanks for this review and visiting the revolutions blog page, hope to see you again soon.