“Weekend trip to bath”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Chippenham
Gerrards Cross, United Kingdom
“Weekend trip to bath”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

A comfortable stay at this Premier Inn on our way to the Bath Christmas Market. Ideally placed only 20 minutes from Bath. Comfortable and quiet rooms at a great price. Would stay here again. Only gripe was that it was a little cold in the night and there were no extra blankets.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank debjen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Nelson, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

We picked this inn to stay in after an international flight, as being far enough away from Heathrow and close enough to Bath where we wanted to visit before heading to Cardiff. Proved to be a perfect location. Very friendly helpful staff on our arrival. Many posters in hotel stressing the request to keep quiet, especially at night, which contributed to us having a brilliant sleep after our long flight. Rooms were clean, a good size and had everything to make it a pleasant stay. Negative aspect is there was no lift to rooms so would not recommend carrying heavy suitcases. Only 30 mins of free wifi not really enough. Had problem with sending emails that the staff were very helpful in trying to sort out. Overall we would definitely recommend this place to stay.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

I am always a little sceptical about company's who advertise their existence using well known personalities. It seems to me that they might be hiding something and unfortunately this seems to be the general impression. We needed a quick reservation as we had to visit my brother in hospital after a really bad car crash. An online booking was made and we opted for their meal deal. On arrival the car park was getting quite full but this was no problem as there seemed to be a separate section near the on-site restaurant/pub. The staff were very helpful and all I needed to do was fill in a simple form at the reception. The room was overlooking the car park and was a little cold but we were able to adjust the temperature easily. Everything was there that we needed and it was comfortable. The room we were allocated was some distance from reception and on the upper floor. If we ever went there again we would specify a closer room to reception. The meals were very good and well presented. The 'meal deal' menu had less options than the full menu which was a shame as the room had a full menu not realising that we couldn't use this without extra payment. Before the evening meal we relaxed and sat in the bar area for a drink. Overall, we were impressed and we will probably try the chain again and hopefully it will be to the same standard.

Room Tip: Not sure if you can get a choice of room.
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

I booked this hotel without knowing much about the chain. The staff were excellent; the food, particularly the breakfast was excellent and the room was super. There was no noise at all, even from a school group staying on the floor below us. I had a fantastic night's sleep. I get very cross when I hear wealthy people ridiculing Premier Inns and the associated adverts - I was very impressed and they should keep their uninformed comments to themselves!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

Having read other reviews, I wanted to try and book a room at the rear of the building to minimise any possible noise from the car park. However, it did not seem possible to do this during my internet booking. So, I resolved to wait until I arrived.

Upon arrival, I ascertained that my booked room was, in fact, at the front and asked if it would be possible to change to a rear-facing room. The reception staff (mid-afternoon) were extremely polite and helpful and my request was sorted out with ease. Full marks there, then.

My room (22) was quite, clean and appeared initially to be up to usual Premier Inn standards. However, when I later sat down to do some work at the "dressing table" area, I found the wall lights were simply too dim. I asked the evening reception staff if they had some brighter light bulbs. The reply from the first girl was, "we only stock one brand" (!) - so I decided to ask her colleague, who told me they only get given one set of wattage bulbs and they had nothing brighter. Lots of negatives here, then, as I ended up trying to get some work done in unsatisfactory lighting.

The nearby restaurant was very busy and I was glad upon arrival that I had taken the opportunity to let Premier Inn reception staff book me a table for the evening. Food was very good, plentiful and reasonably priced. Ambience, pleasant.

Breakfast the next morning was excellent and the staff on duty (Fri 23rd Nov.) should be singled out for praise.

When checking out, I mentioned the poor lighting once more. I was told, by a different member of staff, that they sometimes received comments of this nature. I was recommended, if I ever returned, to ask for a room in the "extension", as these rooms also had desk lamps which were brighter and better. Now I know...

Overall: convenient location; comfortable room; quiet (if at the back); good food nearby; mainly helpful staff. Would return and request a rear-facing, "extension" room.

Room Tip: Ask for a rear-facing room to avoid possible noise from the car park. Ask for a room in the "e...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
cambridge
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

We stayed at the Premier Inn Chippenham for the night on our way home. It was very clean and comfortable. The staff where excellent. We had room 64 which was next to the fire door. During the night I was woken by people going through the door. I happened to mention this when we booked out, and the lady on reception gave me a full refund under their "guarantee you a good nights sleep". I couldn't believe it!!

Room Tip: Don't choose a room near the fire door!!
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

The hotel staff could not be more were welcoming, pleasant, helpful or obliging – The rooms (4) for my party were excellent – very clean and tidy and everything worked with nothing broken. The restaurant was extremely homely providing good value meals and the staff were very attentive. Fantastic breakfast
The bar staff could not do enough for us and made our stay a very happy one.
One slight problem was another guest allowed their young child to run up and down the corridor very early in the morning and a baby could be heard crying - but that's life

Room Tip: Nothing to add
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chippenham
BEST WESTERN PLUS Angel Hotel
The Manor House Hotel and Golf Club
Beechfield House
Beechfield House
#1 of 1 in Beanacre

Been to Premier Inn Chippenham Hotel? Share your experiences!