“Cosy warm welcome with wonderful food!”
Review of The Langley Tap

The Langley Tap
Ranked #12 of 116 Restaurants in Chippenham
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 6, 2012

The Langley Tap is such a wonderful place from the moment we walked in we were greeted with a lovely smile and warm welcome the log burner was roaring which was wonderful on a chilly night so warm and welcoming. We sat in the main restaurant with lovely wooden tables and comfy seats. They also have tables in the Bar area where they serve food too. I had the goat’s cheese and beetroot salad to start which was delicious, the goats cheese is a favourite of mine and this did not disappoint. My husband had the Partridge with black pudding which he thoroughly enjoyed.
For our main meal I had the Sweet Pumpkin and Pine nut Risotto in a parmesan and
herb sauce this was delicious so full of flavour and my husband had a sirloin steak cooked a perfect medium, which just melted in your mouth. For dessert we had the orange and dark chocolate cheesecake which I want the recipe for, I had the chocolate mousse which was a layer of dark chocolate, milk chocolate and white chocolate (chocolate heaven). The food was wonderfully presented and delicious, the staff were welcoming and friendly, and the pub itself is warm and cosy in such a wonderful location with some lovely countryside around, which makes for some lovely walks. We will defiantly be back with friends as I want to try the Pork Tenderloin next and my husband wants to try some of the fish they have on their special boards. We had such a wonderful evening thank you to all at the Langley Tap for making this an evening we will not forget the new owners have truely made this a wonderful place!

2  Thank Louise G

Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

After reading the previous excellent reviews we decided to visit the Langley Tap for a family birthday meal. We couldn't fault the friendly welcome and great service. With the wood burner and lovely dog it gave an old world feel to the place. All of the three courses that our party had were a hit with us all (apart from the risotto which apparently was bland!). Wouldn't say it was cheap, but then again it did appear to be fresh ingredients and home made. Didn't understand why we were given 2 different menus? Bar and a la carte menus. They could have been combined perhaps? Overall, worth a try.....

2  Thank bash4803
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Had lunch today on the off chance and to say we were impressed would be an understatement. Very warm welcome, and nobody has the right to expect this quality of food from a country pub.Scallops served on a bed of leek and bacon, partridge served on black pudding, and that was just for starters,the rack of lamb and the venison steak just melted. Wonderful value and congratulations to the entire team. Back on Tuesday!!

Richard and ruth

3  Thank richsim-11
Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

I ate out at The Langley Tap last night with a friend of mine.The atmosphere was welcoming and the staff were very friendly.Recommended by the chef I choose the whole brill with mash potatoes and fresh seasonal vegetables!! This was superb!! My friend choose the steak burger and said it was very moist,a decent size portion and very tasty.Overall our experience here was phenomenal.

3  Thank LLucyLouise
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I ate at the Langley Tap, just weeks after it was taken over by an enthusiastic and talented couple Jo and Matthew Lumb.
As soon as I walked in I knew I was in for a treat, being greeted warmly by friendly staff and an amazing mixture of cooking aromas. The place was nearly full which added to the atmosphere.
I chose pork tenderloin in this amazing chutney kind of sauce, and it was served perfectly cooked and piping hot with a generous helping of vegetables and choice of potatoes.
My friend who is a veggie, fancied a pie, but there wasn't a veggie option on the menu. No problem said the chef, I'll make you one specially! Veggie pie turned up golden brown and filled with various vegetables in a smooth creamy sauce.
We both enjoyed our food enormously and were in awe of the super-efficient front of house, who seemed to just make everything happen with no apparent effort and genuine smile.
Already booked a table again.

3  Thank foodiefinn