“Pure taste of indian dishes”
Review of Olive N Chilli Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Olive N Chilli Restaurant
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Multi cuisine restaurant and takeaway offering a selection of Italian, Indian and Chinese cuisine. Fully licensed premises with a great slection of beers, wines, spirits and cocktails to complement the world cuisine offering.Special lunch time menu for quick meals which can be preordered and paid for over the phone.Promotional offers on takeaway. Please call for latest offerings.Party bookings for large groups available 7 days a week.
“Pure taste of indian dishes”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We have ordered so many times now and always have the same taste . We purely order Indian but have tried the pizzas as well which taste really good. God knows how they make their mocktails which I'm personally mad about .The owners are so friendly I couldn't believe they came to the tables and spoke to all of us individually and it felt like being at home with family. I've been to alot of places in chippenham but never been welcomed this way. The food quality was brilliant where no extra oil was seen because I hav high cholesterol and most restaurant food makes me ill but this is one place I can eat everything in there and never get that bad feeling. Love the food and hospitality above all exceptional improvment in service since our first visit. You got us for life as customers

c s, Owner at Olive N Chilli Restaurant, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Thank you for your compliments and we look forward to welcoming you again and again for years to come.

Chippenham, United Kingdom
“Indian Takeaway”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I ordered online for a takeaway from Olive n Chili on a saturday night,
The order took about 50 minutes to come, which is fine given it was a peak time. However when it arrived the sauce was very watery, and the meat was tough.
We just ordered indian, so i'm not sure about other food that is served there, or what it is like if you eat in.
I ordered a jalfrezi, and while it was a bit spicy, it didn't have the whole chillis in as was described, nor was there much pepper and onion. Generally, just very watery and sparce.

Bristol, United Kingdom
“What a real gem - all tastes catered for, and in Chippenham”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Having tried to dine in Olive N Chilli several weeks ago and couldn't get in because it was so busy we decided to book this time. Looks very small from outside but once inside its cosy and warm and set out well. You can eat from Indian, Chinese or Mediterranean menu which should suit all tastes. We decided to try the indian selection on this visit and had a wonderfully tasty meal. The popodoms and spicey dips were exceptional, we asked for more. Starters were also good with the hottest chilli chicken I have ever had. Main courses were beautifully served and very tasty. I had the Biryani which came with a sauce. Could have done with a bit more sauce over the curry but we had ordered an extra vegetable curry side dish so all OK. The owners - Mr and Mrs Singh came to check that all was ok with the meal and were very friendly. Can't wait to come back to try the Chinese menu. My daughters, however, will love the fact that Mum and Dad can eat Indian and Chinese and they can have Pizza. Winner all round. See you again soon.

Bath
“Afternoon Delight”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Me and my friend popped in for a quick visit the other day, we had lasagne and moussaka (so nothing too adventurous). The staff were friendly and chatty, our drinks were well presented (and in clean glasses- big thumbs up), and the food was simply delicious. Our bill was slightly less than expected.The restaurant itself is nice and intimate, all in all a great time.

• Visited November 2012
“Food good, customer service needs improving”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

As a waitress I know its very hard to get into that industry, somebody can train you but its up to you yourself if you can do it.
I went in with my family a birthday meal and as It was new I wanted to try Olive n Chilli.
I knew there was a range of Chinese, indian and mediterranean foods to choose from (and pizza). There was a lot of choice and it was hard to choose, but we all settled for
Our starters and mains. With such a flamboyant menu I would of thought the service would of been the same, but I think I would of got more personality out of a corpse. I tried so hard with the woman working... But nothing, and I hate being critical. I had to ask for a glass of water 3 times, and there was only 4 tables in there.
After the food we wanted to take some home ( pizza and a slice of naan which we put all on one plate) and we asked for a box to take it home. The waitress ( in which usually when asked this in my restaurant we give the box to the customer so they can put in what they please) took the plate away and and brought back the box with just the pizza in, at which point I said we did want the naan aswell, and after a stutter of words 'um, well, we can get you another' i said 'don't worry'
I hate to be critical as I said, but being in this industry makes you critical of other restaurants. The food was just fine. Just please sort the customer service. A smile and a ' how are you' wouldn't go amiss.

c s, Owner at Olive N Chilli Restaurant, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
We are glad you enjoyed the food and thank you for the positive feedback around the dishes. We pride ourselves on providing a superior service to all our customers and as previous reviews show, have successfully managed to achieve this in the past for all our customers. We are sorry to hear the service was not what you would have expected on this occasion and will certainly follow up on your comments with the staff. If you do decide to pay us another visit in the future and let us know you are coming we would be delighted to issue you with a discount to acknowledge the fact that you were not fully satisfied on your first visit.