“Wedding Delight”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Chippenham
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Wedding Delight”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

We had a small evening wedding here a few days ago. Perfect location and size for our needs. The accommodation and food were excellent. Despite the inexperience of some staff, all were attentive and pleasant mading our stay (over 3 days) very comfortable. Overall a hotel which clearly cares about its guests and one to which we plan to regularly return. Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Bawtry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

I have stayed here twice, the first time I was in a lovely room at the front of the building, very nicely decorated, spacious and quite a luxurious feel to it.

The second time I was in the back wing in a not so pleasant room that looked in need of an update. The bathroom was fine, in fact, a great shower. However, the bed was very lumpy and hard! Most disappointing.

They have a great evening menu, you can also order from the bar menu which looks nice too.

The breakfasts are good, and the staff are great - helpful, friendly and polite.

I would probably stay here again - but would request a different/refurbished room

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Scaltini30
Swindon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

Just spent 2 days at the Manor and had a great time. Staff were THE most helpful and pleasant I have ever come across. Our room was beautiful, large 4-poster bed and lovely big bathroom.
Meals were fantastic and nothing was too much trouble for anybody. Great time had by both of us.

Room Tip: Room 1 was fab.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Linda L
Barnstaple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

We have stayed at Stanton Manor on a number of occasions, either on our own or with friends and have enjoyed every aspect of the stay, usually 2 to 4 nights. It may sound obvious but you are really weclomed on your arrival and made to feel good, the bedrooms are spotlessly clean, very comfortable and fully equiped to the smallest detail, we have always had a four poster, now thats a bit special, food whether from the bar or evenings in the restuarant is superb. The staff, what can I say! I have stayed in many hotels whilst on business and most of them could take lessons from the staff at Stanton; Bernise and all of you guys and girls are amazing. If all this sounds to good to be true, no what? Try It. We're staying there again in mid November for a few nights, can't wait.

Room Tip: Try and have a room in the original building to get the feel of the history of this beautiful manor...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

I am not a regular hotel user and am quite easily pleased but felt compelled to leave a review, having never done so before.
Booked in for two nights mid week stay due to work. I was informed, upon arrival that I had been given a room upgrade and indeed this room was lovely. Staff were immaculately turned out, very attentive, polite, professional, friendly and pleasant.
I like to tidy up after myself and make my own bed rather than having other people having to tend to my every whim but my room had obviously been cleaned and attended to after the first night stay.
Food was of a good quality and very enjoyable.
The building and the grounds are beautiful. I'm sure in the summer months that they would be even more stunning.
There is a very small amount road noise from the nearby motorway, as mentioned in a more negative review, but it didn't disturb me at all and I slept comfortably and well.
Beautiful surroundings, friendly staff, roaring open fire, a good ale, good food and a good sleep - what more does one require from a hostelry. I certainly would be quite happy to bring 'she that must be obeyed' here for a stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

We were given a voucher for a 1 night stay including B&B and a welcome drink (Time Out Charming Getaways). Lady on reception when I booked was very friendly and said she would try and upgrade us to a four poster room which they did. We were in "Hankey" on the first floor overlooking the garden. Room was very large, warm and comfortable although rather poorly lit - this didn't bother us though. Bathroom was huge with decent shower over bath and plenty of towels and toiletries.

The 3 course dinner at £29.50 per head was excellent - imaginative, well cooked and beautifully presented. Breakfast was good but unfortunately no fresh orange juice and our sausages were cold (a shame as they were particularly good sausages!).
One little niggle - some of the flowers on the table were dead, I was surprised this wasn't noticed. Better to have no flowers than dead ones.

All the staff were extremely polite, friendly and helpful.

Unfortunately it was raining when we left so we weren't able to fully appreciate the lovely well kept gardens but I wouldn't hesitate to return or to recommend this hotel to others. It is no surprise that it is a popular venue for weddings with a beautiful church just outside the hotel grounds.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed here for two nights with a KGB deal, before the actual weekend away I found the staff very friendly and this was no exception on arrival - Sarah, who had taken my booking, had put us in a fantastic room with a lovely four poster bed so we felt a bit spoilt! All the facilities were great. We had breakfast both mornings and dinner one evening and thought the food was superb. The other night we went to the Jolly Huntsman for dinner which is a lovely pub about a 10 min drive away.

All in all we would go back and felt we got good value for money with this deal.

Thanks again to all the staff for their wonderful hospitality and for making our stay memorable!

Room Tip: We stayed in 'Hankey' - lovely four poster bed and furnishings; looks over the garden.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chippenham
BEST WESTERN PLUS Angel Hotel
#1 of 1 in Beanacre
Whatley Manor Hotel & Spa
Whatley Manor Hotel & Spa
#1 of 2 in Malmesbury

Been to Stanton Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!