“Best Indian in Chippenham”
Review of The Raj

The Raj
Ranked #24 of 110 Restaurants in Chippenham
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European, Bangladeshi
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Corsham, United Kingdom
“Best Indian in Chippenham”
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

We have been regular patrons of The Raj since it opened just over a year ago. The service is exemplary, the staff very friendly and the food excellent. Definitely the best Indian in Chippenham.

1 Thank MissPickwick

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“In my opinion, the Best in Chippenham”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Having sampled the food and hospitality that all the Indian restaurants in Chippenham have to offer. In my opinion , The Raj is the best. I went here when it first opened and was immediately impressed by the quality of the food, service and welcome. I have subsequently eaten here on a number of occasions and regularly use it for my take away meals. I continue to be impressed and would heartily recommend this restaurant to anyone. As a measure of how proud the owner 'naz' is of his restaurant, I recently had a conversation with him and expressed an interest in his kitchen, without hesitation, he invited me to view the kitchen and 'back of house' operations, I was really impressed by the cleanliness, efficiency and quality of everything I saw. They make all the sauces in house even to the extent of making their own paneer.
All dishes that I have tried a flavoursome, well spiced and well cooked
Great food, great welcome, fantastic service and ambiance
I really hope Naz and his team enjoy the success that they deserve
Highly recommended
Ian

1 Thank Ianchippenham
Chippenham, United Kingdom
“Our favourite Chippenham Indian”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Chippenham has no shortage of Indian Restaurants but this one has become my favourite, we have never had a bad meal there. Service is good and you are not rushed, after starters we are asked whether we want to move onto the main course or wait a while which is a refreshing change from the ' get em and and out ' attitude of many restaurants. There in the added bonus that you can bring your own wine, without a corkage charge, which helps if you are on a limited budget.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Nigel C
Chippenham, United Kingdom
“Good meal”
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Nice restaurant good food. Waiters are friendly and attentive. Very busy around 8 so recommend you go at 7/7.30 and book in advance.

“Best place for a curry in Chippenham”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Walking into The Raj was very surreal. Exotic fragrances delight the nose even as the interior enchants the mind. We were politely greeted and shown to our table in the pleasant ambiance of the restaurant.The smart decor was as far away from the traditional curry house as it is possible to get, the food was subtly spiced and the service was attentive throughout.

The menu offers a wide array of dishes, with conventional choices like vindaloo, tikka masala and jalfrezir to new dishes with a modern touch. The waiters are attentive and happy to assist with selecting dishes. The Raj offers fresh-tasting and bright food, the menu is clear and well set. I have taken friends here and they are always been delighted with the food and complimented by great service, which made it more of an enjoyable experience.

The hot towel at the end of the meal is a wonderful touch, and we hope to continue dining here for many years to come. If you're ever in Chippenham defiantly stop in to The Raj. I am certain you will be coming back for more.

• Visited September 2012