“Food was fine”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Food tasted good though not excellent. I had a Biryani which was descent. But, the curry my friend ordered was too sweet. Don't remember the name. The starter, (think it was chicken tikka) we ordered was fine and tasted good. The interior was fine and comfortable. The staff served the food well on time.
Overall, I would mark Akash 3.5 out of 5.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

We love the Akash: great food, great service. Our favourite Indian restaurant in Chippenham. Will be back soon again for another excellent meal!

Reviewed November 30, 2012

The food didnt arrive together so half of my party was eating before the other half got there rice,the food had very little taste and was not hot,so to say the least i wont be returning as there are plenty of better indian restaurants in the area that beat this in every department.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Eight of us had booked a table and had a great time with great food.
Service was great. The beer kept flowing all night and nothing was too much for the staff.
Have eaten there a number of times and always had good food.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I enjoy good quality indian food and despite several other indian restaurants opening in and around Chippenham in recent years The Akash remains my favourite. I have been disappointed with a number of the new Indian restaurants in Chippenham that opened, shone brightly for a while, before the quality of food and service went downhill or they simply closed without notice. I understand that the same family has run the Akash since 1979 which may be why I have always found the food to be of a consistently high standard. If you can't decide what to order, the waiters will happily recommend a dish for you, even if it's not on their main menu. The staff are friendly and efficient even when busy and I would recommend The Akash to those looking for quality food, at a reasonable price and with good service.