“Pleasant Surprise”

and 1 more site!
Travelodge Chippenham Leigh Delamere Eastbound
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Chippenham
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Didn't know what to expect as the reviews aren't great but we had no problem. Our room was spotless and we had plenty of towels,etc. Receptionists were very pleasant an helpful. Would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Stayed here Sat 2nd November for one night as we had a party in Corsham .The room was clean and the sheets were lovely and fresh smelling .We only paid £20 for this room it was booked well in advance ,so what a bargain .We would use this again .

It was right beside the M4 but no noise was heard at all .

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

This is a very old Travelodge that needs a complete refurbish. The reception looked messy and uninviting, and I didn't find the receptionist particularly friendly, until my friend made an effort.

My room was passable. The settee was heavily stained, as was the bathroom sink. However the bed was comfortable, and the sheets looked clean, thanks goodness.

Unfortunately, my friend's room stunk of stale urine, and there were severe damage to the door frame, presumably caused by a previous attempt to break in. My friend said that the chair was sticky. It's disgraceful that they let this room out.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed October 28, 2013

A very basic and average hotel of this chain. In need of some refurbishment. Pleasant and helpful staff. Little else to add - a few hours sleep, a shower and time to drive on. Cheap and not very cheerful.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Good value (£29 for the room) but not happy at paying £20 for my dog. The room was warm (a little too warm to be honest) and very tired and in need of major updating. I wouldn't say it was dirty but just didn't feel particularly clean as the surface by the tv felt sticky and one of the bed sheets had a couple of rips in. It was in a handy location as I was travelling to Bath racecourse and I couldn't hear much motorway noise but I wouldn't want to pay any more than I did nor stay for more than one night. I will be looking for somewhere else to stay next time

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank sarah_langman
Reviewed September 13, 2013

My wife and I had to attend a family funeral in Chippenham and therefore booked a night in this Travel Lodge. Booking in was quick and reception staff were very helpful and friendly. The Lodge is dog friendly, although you need to pay £20 for you dog to stay which equated to more than the per person rate!
The room was spacious but tired and dusty with worn and tattered carpets to one corner and the couch bed was torn and very dusty. Showers were problematic as we only had one bath towel and one hand towel between 2 people and no spares were supplied. The bed was great if you like extremely soft mattresses...this one was like sleeping on a giant marshmallow, and the room was very warm, in fact too warm for a good nights sleep.
Having used Travel Lodges before we are left dissappointed with the overall experience at this particular lodge

Room Tip: Better booking another lodge off the motorway
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Very good value and handy for the Womad festival in Charlton. We booked an accessible room, which was fine, although it was a bit of a haul to get the luggage up the ramp from the car park. The hotel is adjacent to the 24-hr services, so we could get a decent cup of coffee when we came in from the festival after midnight. There were only two blue badge parking spaces, and one of them taken by someone without a badge (no surprise there) but when I complained at reception I was quickly reassured that 'it's OK'. When I replied that it was certainly NOT OK, he looked at me with incomprehension. Sometimes I wonder if Travelodge give their staff any training at all on DDA compliance? If you are arriving on the Westbound carriageway of the M4, DO NOT USE YOUR SATNAV! It will take you up to junction 18, then U-turn back again - an extra 17 miles on your journey. Follow the advice on the hotel website and ring them for directions.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chippenham
Best Western Plus Angel Hotel
#1 of 1 in Tormarton
Rudloe Arms
Rudloe Arms
#3 of 4 in Corsham

Been to Travelodge Chippenham Leigh Delamere Eastbound? Share your experiences!