TripAdvisor
Chippenham
Post
Inbox
Search

“Get your booking system sorted and a some decent ale”

Brewers Fayre Cepen Park
Ranked #3 of 22 Quick Bites in Chippenham
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I know what your'e thinking, why does he rate it very good and then give a review title like that!!
Well, I'll tell you why, I'm being a bit generous, its another of those that should get a good rating but as TA doesn't do that I can't!

Lets do the title first, we booked a table (through the lovely cheerful Zoe at the Premier Inn), but when we arrived were told there wasn't a table for us, "whys that" I asked "I don't know" came the reply at the desk, I asked did they have our request from the Premier Inn? Yes was the reply "we have, but we haven't got a table", so not a great start. Anyway we managed to get a table in the bar not exactly what we wanted but at least we had a table which was more than a lot of people did.

Next a lack of decent ale, now I'm fairly used to this in chain pubs, but some do it much better and this isn't one of them, only hand pull they had was the ubiquitous Doombar, not one of my favourites, surely you could have two ales please.

Right i'm going to stop whinging now (about time I hear you cry), ordered halloumi and chips from the really friendly blonde lady behind the bar, quite strong Wiltshire accent and I'm sorry but I can't remember your name, but she was really nice and what impressed me was that later she really looked after an older lady who had arrived with family but their table wasn't ready, she made sure the lady had a seat and brought her out a drink, great service!
The halloumi and chips was good, and served in good time considering how busy it was.
Right breakfast, lots of choice, well cooked, helpful, pleasant staff and good value.

To sum up, this Brewers Fayre is pretty good, get your booking system sorted (I got the feeling we were not the only ones having a problem that evening), and please give us ale lovers a better choice, and it will be very good all the way!

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (875)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

To be honest, this restaurant gives Premier inn a bad name. The quality of the food, service and value is appalling. Beer is poor, not enough staff and a medium rare ribeye steak tougher than my shoe leather. The staff try, but there really is not enough of them. I’ll be avoiding Premier Inn’s attached to Brewers Fare in future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Today we had lunch at Brewers Fayre at Cepen Park. We chose from the Daytime Menu which we thought was very good value with quite a wide & varied choice. Dawn greated us with a very wam welcome & took our order at the till. We received great service from both Dawn & Emma. We had Costa coffee - refills included - great value. We will definitely be back soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We bring our disabled clients here regularly for lunch and they love it. Staff have always been great with us and the clients, so helpful and can never do enough for us. We always feel so welcome. Foods always quick, hot and tasty and we will keep coming back.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Regular visitor to the brewers fayre, drinks very reasonable here however food wasn’t good on previous visits, bar area very dated, torn seats and doesn’t look particularly clean. Toilets were unclean and untidy. Ok for a cheap drink here, nil else.