“Typical deep fried food”

Brewers Fayre Cepen Park
Ranked #54 of 116 Restaurants in Chippenham
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We reserved a table and was it was pointed out to us by some bloke, who appeared to be the person who is supposed to show you to your table. We were not told that we had to order at the bar, so we waited for some service. After being ignored by passing staff I asked about service and this is when we were told to order at the bar. Once the order had been placed the lady who brought it to us was friendly enough. The food was what you would expect at a Brewers Fayer. Deep fried. We eat and left. No one deserved a tip.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

I have been to quite a few Brewers Faye establishments, this one lets the brand down - big time. Like other reviews have mentioned we had 2 trainee staff behind the bar, the manager, who I felt sorry for was rushed off his feet. We arrived and had to wait a while to be greeted once allocated a table we had to wait for 40+ minutes for our food. When it arrived, having been advised by the waitress some minutes before it was just being cooked mine was at best warm. Some of the chips which I assume were oven cooked were partially burnt, luckier the portion was so small it hardly mattered. the garlic bread was not even cooked on one side and cold. the portion of Chicken was also small. Won't be going back.

Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Firstly myself and colleagues where booked in for two weeks on business at the neighbouring Premier Inn. On only on occasion in ten did everything come as ordered . Often deserts would come late or not at all.Having said that the staff where very friendly but most where still in training.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

went to cepen park brewers fayer on 21/11/13 was not impressed at all there was a trainee behind the bar by herself all evening and was struggling with trying to do all the jobs also having witnessed a young bar lad (dark long wavy hair) shout to the lovely bar maid as she was trying to assist a customer query in the food area that is extremely rude and what looked like a young manager just flirting and swearing with some young girls at a round table by fruit machines i am afraid to say that i will NEVER be going here again and i used this restaurant (if you can call it that) very often poor and terrible place apart from the lovely lady behind bar (lady with short hair blond streaks and glasses)

1  Thank Gen S
Reviewed November 10, 2013

On Tuesday 5th November my wife and I took our two grandchildren aged 3 and 5 years to the Brewers Fayre at Cepen Park, Chippenham so they could play in the children’s area and we could together have a meal. We arrived at 12:15 p.m.

The queue to the counter where you order the food was quite long and in front of me were at fourteen individuals or couples. There was only one person working at the till and this was the manager named Jason. I joined that queue at about 12:30 p.m. and to my left I noticed a man and woman finishing their main course.

It was 1:00 p.m., when I was able to give my order and by this time the queue now behind me was disappearing around into the restaurant. Part of my order was for a diet coke soft drink and coffee, and I was given an empty glass and cup. I also wanted a jacket potato with a filling, but Jason told me they were out of jacket potatoes. You cannot image how it felt to be at the head of this long queue: having waited nearly 30 minutes to get served: to have to rethink your order with the people behind you shuffling. I quickly picked another item; a sandwich that I hoped would be suitable. I paid by card whilst Jason left me to deal with two other people waiting for drinks and waited for him to come back and approve my payment.

I went to the drink machine and found the coke being dispensed was just a glass of what looked like water. Other people came over to me and told me it was not working. There was no other person I could speak with about this so after a few minutes I interrupted Jason and the head of the queue (a lady who was not happy that I did this) and told him the coke was not working. He looked stressed; in fact I know he was. I waited by the drink machine but nothing appeared to happen, so after a few more minutes of just standing there I got his attention and he shouted back to me that it should now be working. I tried it but it wasn’t, so again I managed to catch his attention and indicate it was not. All this time he was trying to deal with the queue of customers. A few more minutes passed and he shouted to try it again and this time the coke dispenser worked.

I went back to my table and joined my family. We sat there waiting and then as food started to come to tables near to us it became apparent that some of the orders were incorrect. People were trying to sort out which table should have which order; it was really not a very good endorsement.

At 1:45 p.m., my grandchildren were getting tired and hungry so we decided to leave, so I went back to the queue and found just two others in front of me. One was the man I saw when I joined the original queue and he was very unhappy that he had finished his main course 45 minutes earlier and no one had brought the desert he ordered to his table. There were a few others complaining to me as I stood there, and I was again ‘served’ by Jason. I explained we had waited 45 minutes for food but could wait no longer and wanted a refund. He apologised several times and whilst taking with me a female member of his staff came from the kitchen and asked him a question. He asked her to help at the till, but she ignored him and walked away. He just looked at her and then concentrated on me. I told him he really needed more staff, and he agreed. He refunded my money and again apologised.

I eat out a lot, and have been to this venue on a number of occasions in the past, but on this occasion the service was non existent and waiting 45 minutes for a meal unreasonable to expect.

I made a complaint on the company web site when I got home but to date they never even had the decency to reply.

AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS..........until they sort out staffing.

David Rees