“A Good Restaurant and Pub”

Fortune Inn Pub & Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 117 Restaurants in Chippenham
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Superior Chinese, Szechuan & Authentic Chinese Cuisine within a fully air conditioned restaurant near the heart of Wiltshire market town, Chippenham.
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Looking at the reviews some people love this place and others don’t. It can’t be both good and bad at the same time so it must be down to people differing expectations. I’ve never had anything to complain about but on the other hand I’ve never gone with expectations that are too high. If anything I’d say it’s a definitely on the ‘good’ side of average, which isn’t at all bad!

It’s also saved the pub from closure transforming the bar from an uncared-for run-down place to a thriving local pub. It just goes to show what can be done with a little investment, enthusiasm and a bit of know-how!

Overall, nice place and good food. Well done!

2  Thank Malc-at-York

Reviewed October 23, 2012

This restaurant happens to be around the corner from me so I have eaten here a few times and get my takeaways from there.
It is quite expensive, but the food is always lovely!
The staff are friendly and the food always comes out quick but with high quality.
I would recommend the BBQ ribs to start - so yummy!

Reviewed September 13, 2012

We (a family of 8 people- all adults) had a get together here last Sunday. I must admit the outside is perhaps not very inviting but it was dark and this may have had an effect .However most of the the party live locally and said the food was very good and how right they were! What impressed me was the appearance of the food. It really looked colourful , fresh and vibrant with none of that greyish tinge that can sometimes occur with chinese food.We had a broad selection of about 6 starters and 8 main dishes and all were excellent. Even with a few drinks it only came to about £15 per head and was therefore very reasonable. Will go again next time we are in the area.

1  Thank JEGBordon
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Don't be put off by the dated look of the pub - the chinese restaurant at the back is smart and clean and the staff are delightful. We have never had a bad meal or takeaway yet. The crispy duck is wonderful and their set meals are excellent value.

Reviewed April 20, 2012

We went to the Fortune Inn as a spur of the moment thing on 14 April. The half a crispy duck and pancakes the four of us shared as a starter was delicious and there was plenty to go around. For mains we had a real mixture of dishes from garlic beef to Thai curry but the stand out highlights were the scallops in oyster sauce and the crispy squid with sweet and sour sauce.

1  Thank Wiltshiregirl99