“Excellent food and great atmosphere”
Review of The Bridge Brasserie - CLOSED

The Bridge Brasserie
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Restaurant & bar in Chippenham. Open lunch & dinner, serving modern English & European cuisine alongside cocktails, wines, draught ales & lagers. Easy access facilities & baby changing are available.
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We visited the Bridge Brasserie in October for my birthday together with 6 of our friends. This s a small and intimate restaurant which for me was just what I wanted. The welcome was great, service good and food excellent. I had pork belly to start followed by chicken with dauphinois potatoes and veg. Others in our group had cod cheeks and steaks which were good but two of my friends had whitebait to start and it wasn't to their liking. The staff were really good about it,offered an alternative and resolved the issue quickly and without fuss. They also gave me a special birthday cocktail which was lovely. I Would recommend this place to anyone seeking really good food in a small and friendly atmosphere. Will definitely be visiting again.

1  Thank LillyP66
There are newer reviews for The Bridge Brasserie

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Chippenham has been crying out for some decent places to eat for a long time; this small Brasserie has really upped the class of what is available in terms of food. A friend and I ate there mid week and it was busy. The service is good and food excellent. With wine, it is not cheap but what a delight to have somewhere a bit special to go.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Had a very good relaxed evening here with lovely warm bread, great starters and mains. Wine was great too and the prices really are good for what they offer. Really loved the food however would have gained the 5th star for a little bit more of a warmer welcome from the waiter and perhaps a smile?

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Was recommended this place by a friend ages ago and have only just got round to eating here, am sorry I didn't do it sooner. Great food, amazing flavour, sadly was too full to have a desert, and wonderful service, this place is a major asset to Chippenham and will have to make an effort to go to the deli. Will definitely go again, a hidden gem!!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

I visited the Bridge Brasserie in July 2011 and the food was fantastic. My parents had visited many times before (and since) and recommended it to me. When I asked where it was, I couldn't believe that they were being serious. A nice restaurant - next door to Chick 'O' Land?! You're having a laugh!

Despite being completely out of place, once you're inside the Bridge Brasserie, you completely forget you're on the fast food street - or even Chippenham (two plus points!).

It was a lovely experience and is inspiration for other 'restauranteers', illustrating that Chippenham can be home to some fine dining after all!

1  Thank lexington23