Best Western Plus Angel Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Bear Hotel(Chippenham)
The Red Lion(Lacock)
View Hotel
Bell House Hotel(Sutton Benger)
Beechfield House(Beanacre)
View Hotel
All reviewsswimming poololder partcar parklovely hotelmain buildingmiddle of towngood sizeleisure facilitiesold buildingcentral locationfull englishhigh streetcooked breakfastreception deskno liftroom was largeevening meal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 12, 2014

My partner and I stayed here in-between Christmas and year 2013 and had a wonderful 2 nights stay. Our room was HUGE with everything needed for a comfortable stay. I could nit pick about no shower cap, empty wine bottles not taken away but the little things did nothing to take away from our wonderful visit.
The staff were nothing but helpful. And when i asked about the history of the building i was given a fact sheet about the building and its history.Worth asking as The Angel was an important hotel for stage coaches traveling between Bristol and London
The restaurant was closed because of the holidays, but breakfast was freshly cooked and delivered to your table. All the items of my breakfast tasted fresh local and delicious. The pouched eggs were cooked to perfection.
Lovely areas to just sit and have coffee inside and a beautiful out side sitting area, with a nice place for smokers.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Angel after my office Christmas party in Chippenham. The room was large and comfortable. It was smart and well maintained, although we couldn't work out how to switch on the main spotlights in the ceiling, so assumed they weren't working. The public areas are very nice with comfy sofas and a modern decor. There is a lovely courtyard garden outside, but being December all we did was walk through it on the way to reception! The breakfast was good, but there was a hair in my hash brown. They would have been bought in so this wasn't a problem with the hotel's hygiene standards. I was offered a whole new breakfast but said the a fresh hash brown was fine. The waitress was very apologetic. Unfortunately we didn't have time to enjoy the pool and leisure facilities, which was a shame because the pool looked very inviting.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Due to a "snafu" with our cottage for Christmas booking we stayed one night at the Angel on December 23rd. The room was very comfortable & the hotel well maintained. I didn't really get to enjoy the amenities as we were late arriving & leaving early the next day, skipping breakfast. The staff was minimal, I guess due to Christmas, so it was quiet and I have to say that someone needs to teach the bar staff about cocktails....when I asked for a Cosmopolitan (believe me I needed a treat at that point after nine hours in a car from Europe!) I was told that I would have to pay for each shot individually! That would be one heck of an expensive cocktail!

Reviewed December 31, 2013

After a very poor experience at a Best western in Peterborough this year, was not really looking forward in going to Chippenham. I eat my words.... on arriving at the hotel I found in our room a letter/card form a Laura in York who hade made my reservation. (laura Works for BW) She had gone to the trouble of picking up on what the wife and I were going to do whilst down here, and had sent a card wishing us all the best.. Laura thank you very much. I would also like to say thank you to the staff a Best Western at Chippenham .

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Booked hotel with friends for a Christmas break, found location of hotel perfect right in the heart of Chippenham. Hotel is just like the professional pictures on the website, very modern, clean & comfortable, The bed was so comfortable that it was hard to get out off, It would be lovely to stay in the summer months as they have a lovely courtyard with plenty of seating to enjoy a glass of wine or two, I would definitely recommend the Angel Hotel

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends