“Welcoming, accomadating and fab value for money.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chippenham
New Road Guest House
Ranked #8 of 28 Chippenham B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 5, 2011

I stayed with a group of friends for a weekend away and the owners were fantasticly helpful with organizing the rooms, they were wonderful at breakfast the next morning and we all felt very looked after. fantastic rooms for the money and we were all so pleased with the location. I would stay here again in a flash.

Room Tip: main house rooms are better than coach house ones.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for New Road Guest House

Reviewed March 14, 2011

We first stayed here in the July 2010 and loved it, it is easy to find, great parking facilites, lovely garden, its in a very sunny spot. We stayed in the room in the annex in the summer which was not en-suite but suited us fine it was very quiet and had everything we needed. We stayed again this month but this time in the main house which we were looking forward to. The rooms are large in size, light and airy, comfortable beds, great en-suite bathrooms, tea/coffee, large flat screen TV, nice breakfast, friendly owners. Brilliant location a few minutes walk in to town. The only drawback with staying in the main house in a room at the front was the noise from the road and from the pub opposite (on a saturday night). Apart from that we had a lovely stay and would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2010

We were thrilled with the short walk to the New Road Guest House, particularly since I had to meet my friend on the last train. The hosts were very kind that I needed to let myself out and back in so late. The room was large and I thought the addition of modern amenities to the beautiful old house was much more graceful than in some other places I’ve stayed. We stayed at Chippenham because it was much cheaper than Bath Spa, and we didn’t find anything in Bath Spa available that allowed me to get my friend without two late night taxi rides. I think it’s a great place to see Bath Spa from because the train connection is a single stop and a 15 minute ride – letting you soak up Bath, but relax in the much calmer Chippenham.

It was also a great place to use as a base for seeing other parts of Wiltshire – we made it easily to Lacocke with its beautiful abbey by bus. The bus station is a ten minute walk from the guest house through what I think is the old center of Chippenham. Along that walk we found pubs, restaurants, shops, the Tourist Information Center, the River Avon (with fabulous swans) and many interesting old buidlings. The hosts were great and really interested in making sure our stay was smooth. They let us use the dining room in the afternoon to work on our laptops, had a great library, ensured we had bus and train schedules worked out, kept our bags while ran around prior to our evening train back into London (great train schedules), and were generally delightful and helpful hosts. There was even a drying rack on the radiator in the room!

If you’re a US traveler, old places with beautiful character do not have the predictability of a cookie cutter hotel. The Internet access was good both in our room and in the dining area.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 21, 2010

This was a great place to stay for myself and my teenage son on our weekend away at Castle Combe race circuit.
We found the owners extremely friendly and very helpful.
The breakfasts were superb with a good range of choice.
The guest house was situated far enough from the town center not to be too noisy and if I was to return to Chippenham I would stay at the New Road guest house.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank andysplat
Reviewed October 12, 2010

Stayed here whilst on business in the area. Great central location (although some road noise can be heard). Rooms have tv, tea/coffee, guest fridge to use. The breakfast was cooked fresh to order with toast and cereal available to help yourself. Nothing too much trouble for the owners. All in all a great stay

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank ukwork
Reviewed August 8, 2010

From the initial phone call to book the rooms until the end of our stay the owner was really helpful and friendly. As mentioned before there is car-parking faclities at the back of the property. We walked through the tended garden to the main house and shown our rooms immediately. It was a late booking and they were full so we had one room on the ground floor - ensuite -and another on the first floor (with the bathroom next to the room - but it wasn't shared and certainly no inconvenience).

Breakfast was really first class and the dining room was bright and very nicely furnished. A real holiday feel.

Location only 2/3 min walk to centre of Chippenham.

A really nice stay and has certainly made me think of staying in guest houses in the future.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 19, 2010

Central to Chippenham, off road parking, excellent breakfast and friendly family environment. Rooms to suit all types of traveller. I now have to stay in Chippenham every week for the foreseeable future, this is certainly my venue of choice.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chippenham
Best Western Plus Angel Hotel
Travelodge Devizes Hotel
Diana Lodge B And B
Diana Lodge B And B
#11 of 28 in Chippenham

Been to New Road Guest House? Share your experiences!