“Best Roast Dinner in town”
Review of The Gladstone Arms

The Gladstone Arms
Ranked #1 of 115 Restaurants in Chippenham
Cuisines: European, British
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Bar/Restaurant with beautiful secluded beer garden in the centre of Chippenham serving lunches and evening meals. Award winning Sunday lunch
Reviewed March 2, 2013

The roast dinner at the Gladstone Arms is amazing. Its got to be the best dinner in North Wiltshire. Good quality produce is used. The roast potatoes are to die for, cooked in Goose fat, crispy and very fluffy in the middle. Very naughty but better than nice. The landlord is very friendly, charismatic and attentive. Myself and my family would highly reccommend it.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Had dinner here during the week. Service was very friendly and the food delicious. I had the cheddar, mushroom and leek tart, which was superb - crisp pastry, generous filling and very tasty. I had it with salad instead of the chips that were on the menu and this was generous and well presented.

1  Thank l0vaduck
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Rising like a Phoenix from the ashes, this formerly run-down den has fast become the place to be and be seen. Located at the top end of town near the Library across from the former Goldiggers site (showing my age!), this Venue is what Chippenham has been missing. A place that we 30+ somethings (and a bit older...!) can wine and dine without the brash lager-lout environment. Leighton and his finely-tuned team are there to cater for you, be it a large birthday get-together or a quiet meal for two. The extensive menu will not disappoint - Rack of Lamb medium rare ... mmmm! ... is my personal favourite. Leighton has put a nice lunchtime menu together, giving you an excuse to pop in on the way back from the shops for a well earned pint and a bite to eat (fab spicy chicken wings!). The bar is furnished with comfortable leather sofas and displays a collection of music memorabilia to match the quality music that plays discretely in the background. Roll on the Summer when we can chill out in the large beer garden with a selection of fine real ales - assuming Summer turns up this year!

4  Thank DiveNutSwUk
Reviewed February 22, 2013

What a super restaurant! Situated just off the town centre it has a pleasant cosy atmosphere and the food certainly is of high standard both in presentation and quality.
My most recent visit was along with some friends.
I enjoyed the Tempura Tiger Prawns with sweet chili sauce for my starter, my main was the Rump steak which was cooked just as I wanted and nicely presented with hand cut chips, sauteeed mushrooms and vine tomatoes. To finish I enjoyed the warm Chocolate Brownie,Vanilla Ice Cream and chocolate sauce.
I noticed that the menu which I understand is regularly updated and gives a wide selection of meals would please most peoples tastes
The staff I found, were most helpful and pleasant.
In all a very enjoyable evening
I will certainly be returning.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

The food is superb, my partner had the sundary roast which looked so good I wished I had ordered it and I am not a sunday roast type of person.

The pork belly and tiger prawns on the otherhand were faultless rounded off with a very nice coffee.

Having had a very dissapointing visit a few years ago, the new owners have turned it around to an exceptional pub, every visit is something to look forward to...

1  Thank waterishail