“Gorgeous takeaway”

Ranked #37 of 159 Restaurants in Christchurch
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We ordered by phone whist staying down in Mudeford for a week. Honestly, it was some of the best Indian food I've ever had. As a veggie I always home in on the veggie side dishes and the saag paneer was absolutely fantastic closely followed by the brinjal bhaji. The others had lamb kormas and madras and said that they were also delicious. The only thing that let the meal down was the quality of the naans. This is why I have given four stars instead of the five. They were a bit burnt and the cheese one was missing the cheese. The delivery service was first class, taking about 40 mins.

Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Had a takeaway while on holiday and the dish I had was very good, chicken tikka madras, pilau rice, cheese naan, couple of papadoms, all tasted great, average price, went back in 2nd week of hols and was equally good. Definately recommend!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Small friendly place, not too noisy, service good. Food was a bit short on quantity and was good but not as good as say Winton Tandoori (which in my experience had great food but horribly marred by noise)..

Reviewed May 30, 2013

A busy little restaurant, takeaway (and they deliver). My mixed Kebab starter (£5.20) was tasty, tender and juicy. The missus was slightly disappointed with her Moules Pondicherry (£5.20) which was a little favourless. Her Hyderabad (Lamb) Biryani (£8.90) made up for it. I had their special Murg Kala Mirch (Chicken cooked with black peppercorns £8.90 with rice) which I thought was nice and spicy but a little dry. But this was the first time I have had this dish so maybe that is the way it is suppose to be. Draught Cobra larger. House wine fine. Service good. It is very much a functional place to go and eat, drink and talk but not to linger. I would go again.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

For some reason, perhaps because it is a little out of the town centre, we had neglected to try the Kashmir.
The place is relatively small, the decor quite reasonable and the food we had on our first visit was excellent, well flavoured and freshly prepared with side dishes fairly dry so not too greasy. The service was excellent and both food and drink were fairly priced.
On the basis of one visit I have awarded 4 stars but if the standard is maintained I will upgrade to 5.