“February 2014”

Ranked #2 of 155 Restaurants in Christchurch
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I am surprised that the Lord Bute is not ranked higher by tripadvisor. I lunch at this restaurant about five times a year when I visit Bournemouth and I am amazed at just how good it alway is. The ambience, the staff who are friendly and ensure the customers needs are met and, most importantly, the food, which is always perfectly cooked and served and excellent value for money.

There are newer reviews for Lord Bute Restaurant

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Attended the 'Buble' cabaret night with friends. The place was very busy and very hot. The menu limited to 3 choices per course - with entertainment £40, but drinks added £15 - £20 per head. 3/4 hour between courses and without A/C, getting hotter. The entertainer started at 10pm and was soaked through after an hour on stage. Jackets off, fans a flutter only recourse to buy more drinks! As ever the food looked good and tasted good (although the duck was over-cooked and somewhat dry). The starters were excellent; Mains choice was chicken Breast, Salmon and Duck leg ( 2 fowl dishes - no red meat!) Again the puddings were nice (although my wife's favourite Creme Brûlée was not set properly and runny). Basically I think that the kitchen was overstretched with the high demands for covers. Still, one last moan is that the entertainer encouraged one to dance but it was a tight cramped little space around the stage area - owing to the high number of tables with the baby grand still taking up valuable space. Despite all this The Lord Bute remains my favourite classy restaurant for entertaining visitors. The staff are friendly whilst professional. The tables very smart with quality linen, crocks and cutlery. The decor is starting to look a little dated but is still a great ambience.

PS My wife was horrified to note that a particularly brusque lady waitress was clearing and laying tables for Breakfast whilst The cabaret was in full swing. I suppose nearing midnight the restaurant needed to be prepared for the morning Fayre.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

We went for my wife's birthday; I live just around the corner and I have been to the Lord Bute on many occasions; I have never been disappointed. It was very nice, and I especially appreciate the wine list, the wine is affordable and very good quality, unlike many restaurants where the decent wines are stupidly expensive!
A place to put in your address book!

Reviewed February 16, 2014

I love The Lord Bute, every time I have been here it has been first class but they really excelled with the valentines night menu. A 4 course set menu with 4 choices per course and I struggled to choose as everything on the menu sounded delicious. I settled on the lobster risotto for starter which was absolutely delicious. I would have loved it as a main course. The desserts were suburb, the coffee creme brûlée was lovely but completely upstaged by the freshly baked cinnamon donuts and hand made petit fours. We were treated with a complimentary kir royal on arrival and ladies all had a beautifully wrapped heart shaped candle holder on their place setting. There was an excellent sax player who played all evening creating a great romantic atmosphere. It is never a cheap night out at The Lord bute but it is always worth the money particularly for a special occasion. Service is first class exactly what you would expect from a quality restaurant. A very special and memorable valentines evening

1  Thank Hodgee7
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We hadn't eaten here for a few years but I have to say that this time was absolutely amazing from when we initially booked right through to the end of the meal.The atmosphere was lovely ,the service was second to none,the food was quality and real value for money.Thanks to all the team at last a place that delivers on all fronts.

1  Thank gazza2303