Me and my husband stayed here over the last bank hols on May. We honestly cant fault the place. We stayed in a junior suite which was very large and gorgeous with fantastic views over the water - not a car in sight, bliss. I think maybe all rooms have water views and standard rooms we sneeked a look at were a great size and same decor as ours. Decor throughout the hotel is very modern, very comfortable and very clean. It has a great atmosphere in the evenings with lots of people in the bar and on the terrace - also during the day the terrace is a sought after place by residents and non residents - with very swish trendy setees and tables. The staff (especially Lisa) went very much out of their way to make sure we had a great stay, even managing to get us in for an extra night in the same room when they were really chocca block - it made our stay! Oh and the food, gorgeous bar snacks - burgers, salads etc - we never got to eat in the dining room. Beautifully cooked breakfasts - a chef who can actually make scrambles eggs..... not just a yellow set lump....... even when you order it on room service! Definately dont hesitate to book - we will definately be going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern 4 star luxury hotel and spa in Christchurch, Dorset. Overlooking the river Stour and located in the historic town of Christchurch, Captain’s Club Hotel & Spa is a small independent luxury hotel with a nautical twist. The hotel features 12 two and three bedroom luxury suites, each with separate lounge/living areas, and a selection of hotel rooms. Captain’s Club Hotel & Spa is home to one of the best bars in Christchurch with award-winning mixologist and Bar Manager, Tommo, at its helm. They also have a 2 AA rosette restaurant, event facilities for up to 100, and a spa complete with hydrotherapy pool, sauna, and treatment rooms. All accommodation and event spaces face out onto the River Stour so no matter what you are travelling to Captain’s Club for, you are guaranteed a beautiful view. The alfresco dining terrace is open all summer and provides the perfect location to soak up the atmosphere of life on the river. This Christchurch hotel is family-friendly and rooms/suites are dog-friendly ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Captain's Club Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Captains Hotel Christchurch
- The Captains Hotel
- Captain's Club Hotel Christchurch, Dorset