HAving stayed in many Hotels across the UK , not once have I ever felt compelled to write a review such as this .
We travelled with friends who had booked this visit as a surprise birthday present.. and what a surprise it was . The location OH MY GOD .. " Do places like this actually exist in Britain ?" The staff were just amazing all highly polished yet relaxed and friendly, nothing was too much trouble.. the hotel welcomed my beautiful labrador ( a hotel of this standard and they will alllow , infact welcome with big cuddles ..dogs !!
The food was outstanding with a huge menu choice to satisfy all tastes . I had a wonderful seabass dish with , my partner had lemon sole with gnocci and broad beans... he said it was the best fish he has ever had !!
The spa treatment was to die for i was so relaxed i struggled to pick up my glass of pink champagne on the terrace ,( only for a second ) We sat and watched the boats sail up and down the river till the sun went down.. wow.
The next day Maurice ( my partner ) had arranged a surprise trip on the Hotels own Boat to the isle of wight .. I couldnt believe it. CAptain Chris was great , funny and extremely experienced and Sean our crew served us with A cream Tea as we say watching the other boats for nearly two hours .. it was paradise.
I could go on but want to keep just some of my special moments at this wondeful hotel my own special memories..
Thank you all at the hotel we will be back .. and back... and back !!!!!!!
Jane and Maurice
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern 4 star luxury hotel and spa in Christchurch, Dorset. Overlooking the river Stour and located in the historic town of Christchurch, Captain’s Club Hotel & Spa is a small independent luxury hotel with a nautical twist. The hotel features 12 two and three bedroom luxury suites, each with separate lounge/living areas, and a selection of hotel rooms. Captain’s Club Hotel & Spa is home to one of the best bars in Christchurch with award-winning mixologist and Bar Manager, Tommo, at its helm. They also have a 2 AA rosette restaurant, event facilities for up to 100, and a spa complete with hydrotherapy pool, sauna, and treatment rooms. All accommodation and event spaces face out onto the River Stour so no matter what you are travelling to Captain’s Club for, you are guaranteed a beautiful view. The alfresco dining terrace is open all summer and provides the perfect location to soak up the atmosphere of life on the river. This Christchurch hotel is family-friendly and rooms/suites are dog-friendly ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and LateRooms so you can book your Captain's Club Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Captains Hotel Christchurch
- The Captains Hotel
- Captain's Club Hotel Christchurch, Dorset