This 'hotel' is a big ugly box in the middle of a massive car park. Swarms of chavs surround it, its overpriced to make them feel comfortable and the staff are rude. The 80's decor in the restaurant is also very tacky.
Upon arrival I politely asked to cancel the booking and the rude staff member charged me for the room and breakfast! When I questioned this she said I should be thankful she didn't charge me for the full 3 days.
When I explained to her that I was canceling because the country walks nearby, the quaint town and beautiful lakeside location were all falsely advertised, she went silent and then said she would send me a bill in the post.
What a wasted trip to Dorset! As it was a bank holiday weekend everywhere else was booked up and so I had to drive all the way back to London, preferring to pay almost £200 to sleep in my own bed than stay at this 'hotel' that resembles a small leisure centre.
I would only recommend this hotel to someone I did not like.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern 4 star luxury hotel and spa in Christchurch, Dorset. Overlooking the river Stour and located in the historic town of Christchurch, Captain’s Club Hotel & Spa is a small independent luxury hotel with a nautical twist. The hotel features 12 two and three bedroom luxury suites, each with separate lounge/living areas, and a selection of hotel rooms. Captain’s Club Hotel & Spa is home to one of the best bars in Christchurch with award-winning mixologist and Bar Manager, Tommo, at its helm. They also have a 2 AA rosette restaurant, event facilities for up to 100, and a spa complete with hydrotherapy pool, sauna, and treatment rooms. All accommodation and event spaces face out onto the River Stour so no matter what you are travelling to Captain’s Club for, you are guaranteed a beautiful view. The alfresco dining terrace is open all summer and provides the perfect location to soak up the atmosphere of life on the river. This Christchurch hotel is family-friendly and rooms/suites are dog-friendly ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Captain's Club Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Captains Hotel Christchurch
- The Captains Hotel
- Captain's Club Hotel Christchurch, Dorset