we had a short break in this lovely hotel.
Our room had river views which were magnificent, always boats, canoes ,sailing yacths travelling up and down the river Stour.
The room is well appointed spotlessly clean with very good facilities.
The terrace is a most comfortable area to either sip a wine, beer or a coffee and has lovely river views.
We could find no faults with the superbly cooked and presented dishes in the restaurant.
The steaks are rather on the pricy side though.
The breakfast in particular is top class.
There is a good complementary Spa attached and a menu of treatments which of course are not free!
The bar is a very buzzy place busy until a late hour. Search out the great Cocktails and there is also a good wine and beer selection.
The best recommendation for this hotel is it's staff.
They do make you welcome. They are a credit to their employer, they are professional, cheery and always willing to do their utmost to help.
This an expensive hotel but IT IS 5 star quality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern 4 star luxury hotel and spa in Christchurch, Dorset. Overlooking the river Stour and located in the historic town of Christchurch, Captain’s Club Hotel & Spa is a small independent luxury hotel with a nautical twist. The hotel features 12 two and three bedroom luxury suites, each with separate lounge/living areas, and a selection of hotel rooms. Captain’s Club Hotel & Spa is home to one of the best bars in Christchurch with award-winning mixologist and Bar Manager, Tommo, at its helm. They also have a 2 AA rosette restaurant, event facilities for up to 100, and a spa complete with hydrotherapy pool, sauna, and treatment rooms. All accommodation and event spaces face out onto the River Stour so no matter what you are travelling to Captain’s Club for, you are guaranteed a beautiful view. The alfresco dining terrace is open all summer and provides the perfect location to soak up the atmosphere of life on the river. This Christchurch hotel is family-friendly and rooms/suites are dog-friendly ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Captain's Club Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Captains Hotel Christchurch
- The Captains Hotel
- Captain's Club Hotel Christchurch, Dorset