Located next to the rowing club, Wick Ferry, and the park, the hotel is an easy walk into town and enjoys lovely views. I was pleased with how quiet the location was - we weren't disturbed early in the morning at all. Our room was crisp and clean with lovely aromatherapy products too. The spa was small (although I only enjoyed the sauna and infinity pool/hot tub) but with a selection of tea pig infusions and new magazines to browse was a good experience. There was no additional charge for the spa either, which isn't always the case in hotels. The staff were excellent during our stay; sincere, warm, and helpful - and the lady who initially took my booking really was extremely helpful in ensuring I had everything needed. There is a personal touch and pride from the reception staff, restaurant staff, spa and cleaning staff and it felt as if everyone really did care about ensuring a comfortable stay. If location, comfort and service aren't enough to recommend this hotel then the breakfast surely will! The breakfast was fabulous. Really superior quality in the buffet of cold meats, pastries and fruits - Dorset Cereals and thick creamy yoghurts. But the range on the cooked and a la carte breakfast menu were unbeatable. Between us we enjoyed eggs benedict, a cooked breakfast, porridge with brown sugar and caramelised fruit and the Arnold Bennett Omelette. We all agreed it was a fabulous breakfast to remember and we had no need for lunch! Little touches though, like home baked shortbread with coffee, and cappuccino or lattes with breakfast at no extra charge were what made the Captain's Club really special. Special was standard throughout and I certainly will be returning. Thank you to the staff at the hotel for a super stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern 4 star luxury hotel and spa in Christchurch, Dorset. Overlooking the river Stour and located in the historic town of Christchurch, Captain’s Club Hotel & Spa is a small independent luxury hotel with a nautical twist. The hotel features 12 two and three bedroom luxury suites, each with separate lounge/living areas, and a selection of hotel rooms. Captain’s Club Hotel & Spa is home to one of the best bars in Christchurch with award-winning mixologist and Bar Manager, Tommo, at its helm. They also have a 2 AA rosette restaurant, event facilities for up to 100, and a spa complete with hydrotherapy pool, sauna, and treatment rooms. All accommodation and event spaces face out onto the River Stour so no matter what you are travelling to Captain’s Club for, you are guaranteed a beautiful view. The alfresco dining terrace is open all summer and provides the perfect location to soak up the atmosphere of life on the river. This Christchurch hotel is family-friendly and rooms/suites are dog-friendly ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Captain's Club Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Captains Hotel Christchurch
- The Captains Hotel
- Captain's Club Hotel Christchurch, Dorset