was sceptical about going for the third time for a family birthday (different members) however it must be said that the ambiance and location are second to none in Christchurch.all 8 of us had 4 different starters which looked good but tiny and tasteless. the main courses were the same bland and tastless.my rib eye steak was so poor I took one bite and realised that anyone prepared to send this quality of steak out must have a problem.the friendly staff offered to replace it with the lamb within 10 mins so it saved the night (almost).in our opinion all( 8 persons )the captains club has slipped in the ratings since its earlier days and has cut down on the quality of their ingredients to come down to a price which has to be said is reasonable.the portions are too small,the ingredients are poor so put the prices up and don't serve food down to a price as seems the case at present.THANKYOU to the pleasant and attentive staff for saving the evening.(if they need a decent steak/meat supplier just ask miller & carter where they get theirs from). WILL NOT BE GOING BACK UNTILL THEY ADDRESS THEIR FOOD ISSUES.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern 4 star luxury hotel and spa in Christchurch, Dorset. Overlooking the river Stour and located in the historic town of Christchurch, Captain’s Club Hotel & Spa is a small independent luxury hotel with a nautical twist. The hotel features 12 two and three bedroom luxury suites, each with separate lounge/living areas, and a selection of hotel rooms. Captain’s Club Hotel & Spa is home to one of the best bars in Christchurch with award-winning mixologist and Bar Manager, Tommo, at its helm. They also have a 2 AA rosette restaurant, event facilities for up to 100, and a spa complete with hydrotherapy pool, sauna, and treatment rooms. All accommodation and event spaces face out onto the River Stour so no matter what you are travelling to Captain’s Club for, you are guaranteed a beautiful view. The alfresco dining terrace is open all summer and provides the perfect location to soak up the atmosphere of life on the river. This Christchurch hotel is family-friendly and rooms/suites are dog-friendly ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Captain's Club Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Captains Hotel Christchurch
- The Captains Hotel
- Captain's Club Hotel Christchurch, Dorset