I booked this hotel at random for a suprise break away for my wife, on a spring/summer deal incluing dinner and afternoon tea. Check in was very friendly, but most of all we felt very welcome. We were asked if we needed help with our bags but said no, after check in on our way to the room we were meet by a member of staff walking through the corridor who welcomed us, and said let me take your bags and i will personaly show you your room. The room was very spacious, floor to ceiling window of the view over the river. And nice big bathroom with bath. The whole room was so spotlessly clean. So great first impression. Then we went down for dinner and was greeted and served by the restaurant manager, think his name was andy. The food and service was excellent, great knowledge of the food, and very friendly. Scallops were amazing. The next day we were intending on staying out all day, but decided to return to the hotel for the afternoon tea as it was included in our package. And again was definatly worth coming back for. Scones, pastries, and finger sandwiches. I felt the break away package was a lot of money for what we were going to get, when i booked. But could not fault one thing and was definatly worth every penny and would be more than happy to pay that again for the experience. All the staff we met were so friendly and polite. Hotel spotlessly clean. Overall perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern 4 star luxury hotel and spa in Christchurch, Dorset. Overlooking the river Stour and located in the historic town of Christchurch, Captain’s Club Hotel & Spa is a small independent luxury hotel with a nautical twist. The hotel features 12 two and three bedroom luxury suites, each with separate lounge/living areas, and a selection of hotel rooms. Captain’s Club Hotel & Spa is home to one of the best bars in Christchurch with award-winning mixologist and Bar Manager, Tommo, at its helm. They also have a 2 AA rosette restaurant, event facilities for up to 100, and a spa complete with hydrotherapy pool, sauna, and treatment rooms. All accommodation and event spaces face out onto the River Stour so no matter what you are travelling to Captain’s Club for, you are guaranteed a beautiful view. The alfresco dining terrace is open all summer and provides the perfect location to soak up the atmosphere of life on the river. This Christchurch hotel is family-friendly and rooms/suites are dog-friendly ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Captain's Club Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Captains Hotel Christchurch
- The Captains Hotel
- Captain's Club Hotel Christchurch, Dorset