“enjoyable,friendly,perfect stay...”

Captain's Club Hotel
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Christchurch
Reviewed March 23, 2011

I booked this hotel at random for a suprise break away for my wife, on a spring/summer deal incluing dinner and afternoon tea. Check in was very friendly, but most of all we felt very welcome. We were asked if we needed help with our bags but said no, after check in on our way to the room we were meet by a member of staff walking through the corridor who welcomed us, and said let me take your bags and i will personaly show you your room. The room was very spacious, floor to ceiling window of the view over the river. And nice big bathroom with bath. The whole room was so spotlessly clean. So great first impression. Then we went down for dinner and was greeted and served by the restaurant manager, think his name was andy. The food and service was excellent, great knowledge of the food, and very friendly. Scallops were amazing. The next day we were intending on staying out all day, but decided to return to the hotel for the afternoon tea as it was included in our package. And again was definatly worth coming back for. Scones, pastries, and finger sandwiches. I felt the break away package was a lot of money for what we were going to get, when i booked. But could not fault one thing and was definatly worth every penny and would be more than happy to pay that again for the experience. All the staff we met were so friendly and polite. Hotel spotlessly clean. Overall perfect.

• Stayed: March 2011

Reviewed March 11, 2011

We arrived at the Captain's Club on a friday afternoon and checked into the most spacious hotel room that I've ever stayed in. We had been upgraded to a suite which comprised 2 bathrooms, 2 bedrooms (one small) and a sitting room/diner/kitchen.

Floor to ceiling windows look out onto the river from every room, you can just sit and watch the world go by.

The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful, making us feel really welcome.

We ate at the restaurant that evening, and enjoyed exceptional food before relaxing in the bar and retiring to our fantastic suite for some more drinks..

Breakfast was superb - table service with a good choice of traditional or continental.

We tried out the spa the following day which was also very relaxing.

There are some great places to visit in the vicinity - a really perfect weekend break...

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2011

We had a lovely weekend at the Captains Club staying with 2 teenagers and our dog, the hotel staff couldn't have been more welcoming and helpful during our stay. The room was fantastic, the service was brilliant the food was great. We will definitely stay again and would highly recommend.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 4, 2011

The Captain's Club is perfect in every way, the rooms are spotless and spacious, the hotel is light and airy and modern, the food delicious, the staff attentive and nothing we asked for was too much trouble. The spa was wonderful, relaxing and the therapists charming. I went with two girl-friends and we will be going back at least once a year. Fabulous and worth every penny!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
captain060363, Owner at Captain's Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to inform people aboput your stay and I am so pleased that you enjoyed the Captain's Club Experience.
Warm regards
Tim Lloyd
Hotel Director

Reviewed February 2, 2011

Our second visit to the Captain's Club and we weren't disappointed! Friendly, helpful staff, can't fault the cleanliness or stylish decor, and lovely spa facilities. Great choice of freshly cooked breakfast. Only complaint is I wish I could afford to go more often!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 28, 2011

The 'poshest' hotel I have ever stayed at, but just not worth the money. I cannot fault the staff or food or ambience, but it's just not four or five times better as an destination than a Holiday Inn Express is, so I'm struggling to see how they justify charging four or five times the money for a room.
Additionally I find it very annoying to shower while stooping because the head is so low [I'm only six foot two, no giant] and in my own scum, as the bath plug hole was blocked. The bathroom sink was a triumph of image over practicality with a shallow moulded glass bowl and angular modern tap that left me looking like I'd wet myself every time I washed my hands/brushed my teeth regardless of the water pressure.
The food was excellent although our lunch on the day of arrival was very slow in coming and the drinks order was incorrect when it got there.
I have to add, in mitigation, that our main purpose for the visit was a wedding and the staff, service and food for this event was faultless. The hotel would have achieved five stars across the board if this event had been scored in isolation.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank the_barksandbytes
Reviewed January 26, 2011

My husband and I have just got back from one night's stay at this hotel. The rooms are great, clean and spacious. We had a fabulous view overlooking the quayside. The staff are incredibly friendly especially in the restaurant where we had evening meal and breakfast. The spa was also very professionally and helpfully run by the beauty staff (thanks Chloe for a great Indian Head Massage and Facial). Also the pianist in the bar was very accommodating in our requests for music, although not his usually requested he managed to play Led Zep and Pink Floyd, very talented. Would definitely go back again.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank dprt
Also consider these accommodations in or near Christchurch
Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa
#19 of 66 in Bournemouth
Fisherman's Haunt Hotel
Fisherman's Haunt Hotel
#7 of 11 in Christchurch

Been to Captain's Club Hotel? Share your experiences!