“Not very cosy but very good value”

Premier Inn Christchurch (East) Hotel
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Christchurch
Reviewed January 3, 2014

It was our first ever Premier Inn experience and we did not expect any frills but a clean and functional room. The hotel delivered on both criteria. Softer pillows (still not soft enough for me but I never travel without my own) were provided in the wardrobe which was a nice touch. Entering the room was like entering a private hospital room. There was a strong smell of disinfectant and it was spotless but totally devoid of character. The bed was OK but it was a little cold in the room even when turning the thermostat up high and I guess that's why they supply an additional electric heater. I would not choose this chain for a special evening or a holiday but as a one off it is perfectly adequate, it does what it says on the tin and it is reasonably priced. I forgot to mention the welcome which was very warm.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed December 29, 2013

My husband and I are becoming fans of this chain of hotels and the one at Christchurch ticks all the boxes. Staff are friendly, helpful and welcoming. The room we stayed in was peaceful and well presented. The dinners and breakfasts were top quality.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We both stayed at the Premiere Inn Christchurch East for a full week to spend Christmas,and we were more than satisfied with our room,they are always spotless and the bathroom was always to a high standard.The staff were all so friendly and nothing was too much trouble to make our stay as comfortable as they could.Although we have stayed at the premiere inn many times we know we have 100% confidence that all our requirements are met,We always go back and have recommended the Premiere Inn to a number of people and who now stay there.Unbeatable value too.

Room Tip: We always like a sunny room and like to be near reception ,so it depends on your personal needs.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Stayed in the Premier Inn Christchurch East for a brief over night business trip.

Nothing really much to review as these hotels are always the same. If your looking for a hotel room, with a comfortable bed, a decent shower, a TV and then your laughing. If your after 5* Treatment and 5* luxury stay somewhere that is 5*

* The room Was very well laid out however very noisy from the window, a high pitched whistle to say the least (However it was very windy outside).

* Phone signal on 3 terrible

*Good location for a supermarket, and a Toby Carvery (0.6 miles away) if you don't fancy the Beefeater.

All in all friendly staff, good location, Hotel clean and looks like an old Travel Lodge.

Room Tip: Unsure but room 77 and 76 had very poor phone signal.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 13, 2013

I stay very frequently at Christchurch East, the staff are lovely. They are always friendly and smiling. Becky is the most helpful housekeeper you could possibly have looking after you, she has opened windows to air the room and even turned the heating on because she knew I would be checking in and it was a cold day. Fantastic service. I would like to thank you all at Christchurch for always being so polite and helpful even when I check in early and for providing clean comfortable rooms.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Very good . clean and helpful staff, food was good and there was no noise late at night even though we were close to the main road and a busy roundabout. We are staying at another one with lot of friends, later this year

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Premier Inn with a friend after a Christmas do, the rooms are spacious, very clean and good quality for the price you pay. I found the amenities good considering - With tea / coffee facilities, towels and a freeview TV. We asked for a twin bedroom which we received and this included a massively high double bed and a pull out single. I can however say I have had a better nights sleep, I was tossing and turning most the night. Now to the very big negative, a male member of staff approached me as I was walking down a corridor on my own quietly by SHOUTING..."Oi, You keep the noise down or I'll ask you to leave". I replied by stating I was being quiet but there have been others 'hanging' out in a corridor which had nothing to do with me or my party. We then all decided to meet at top of the stairs, as we waited (nowhere near rooms) the same man approached us and told us we were blocking a fire escape and we had to shut the hell up...We had been there for all of a minute! However a young couple who were practically producing life on the stairs didnt get asked to move. Finally, when we went back to our rooms I was awoken by another male member of staff at about 1:30am repeatedly knocking and then telling us to be quiet (I'm pretty sure I do not snore that loudly), I then spent the rest of the night listening to another room having sex...lovely. I got so fed up as soon as I was able to I left (5:30am) I missed breakfast and travelled home. A lovely night ruined by 2 male staff on reception (the older man more so) defiantly people that judge their customers. Will not be coming back!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Daisy B
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Christchurch (East) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013