“Once battered, never bettered!”
Review of Berties - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Berties
Cuisines: British
Description: We're bringing a traditional British favourite into the 21st century. Open 6 days a week. Monday to Thursday 11.30am noon to 2pm, then 5pm to 9pm. Friday and Saturday 11.30am to 9.30pm.
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Despite being a Highcliffe native I have never previously been to Berties. I have tended to get Fish and Chips from either Fry days or Alexanders in Stanpit - what have I been missing?

As part of National Chip Week, Berties were offereing a 2 for 1 deal which I took advantage of. The large cod and chips were cooked to order as you would imagine, but wow, what a flavour and size. The fish were the largest I have had in a long time. The chips were plump, hot and not too greasy. The fish was gently coated with a lovely batter coating as opposed to the batter blanket that hides the fish you can often get.

As Berties is in the process of being taken over by Daniels they have made some internal changes to the menu boards and I'm sure more will come; this is a good thing as one of the reasons I haven't been in there before is its reputation for being a bit of an oldies restaurant.

Next fish and chips I buy will be at Berties - a must go!

1  Thank michael p