“Wonderful Cakes!”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed October 9, 2013

This cafe sits on a street surrounded by others. But what attracted us on our way past was the really impressive selection of cakes! And they didn’t just look good, they tasted wonderful too!

The cafe has a lovly atmosphere, when we were in the walls were covered with neat little mugs and slogans and the like and while waiting for our food we had a good time sitting, reading each of them out and having a laugh over them between us.

It didn’t take long for the coffee and cakes to arrive, my mum and sister had latte’s while I had a wonderful caramel-latte which wasn’t too sweet to drink either. Delightful.

For cakes, mum had apple pie and she said it was ‘true apple pie’ which I would say is a good thing. While my sister and I had waffles. I had a cinnamon waffle with cream and loved every bite!.

If we are ever in the area again I would definetly pop-in for more cake and coffee.

There are newer reviews for Indulge Yourself

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I had a scrummy cake with a tasty scoop of ice-cream and a coffee, the staff were very nice and the place is decoration is pleasant.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Me and my husband often frequent Indulge Yourself for a treat and have been coming ever since they first opened, we like the fact they open until 9pm as we often go for a walk round the quay at night or to see a film and drop in on the way back.

The cakes are all fantastic and a lot of them are home made, I mainly have their ice cream waffles which are to die for as you can pick what toppings, ice cream flavours and sauce you like then they make it fresh for you, my mouth is watering at the thought!
the owners are very friendly and always serve us in good time, the interior is very cosy and quirky with their shabby chic furniture and all the funny signs etc on the walls.

This is a little gem in Christchurch and everyone I recommend to says how much they love it too, keep up the good work! we will be back again soon for a chocolate fix!

1  Thank ros3y
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Just fantastic and always enjoy the amazing selection of cakes. Suitable for everyone. Kids very welcome. X

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Me and my partner went to Indulge Yourself for the first time almost a year ago, when we celebrated his birthday, just the two of us. Although we had a really good meal before, the cakes were the best food of the evening. Ever since we keep going to Indulge Yourself in either Christchurch or Bournemouth, it's the most pleasant way to sin in our lower carb diet.
My partner is quite pretentious with food. His great-grandmother used to be a cook for aristocracy and his grandmother inherited the cooking skills and recipes. He's very difficult to please when it comes to restaurant/cafe's desserts. However, he states that Indulge Yourself serves cakes just like the home made ones in his family, which is the highest compliment he can ever say.
I do recommend it also for the atmosphere, and the coffee. We like it more than Costa's, although Costa is a favourite as well.