“Bloomin' fab” 5 of 5 bubbles

Baggies
Ranked #81 of 148 Restaurants in Christchurch
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Seating upstairs, downstairs and outside. There are extensive take-out and eat-in menus, serving mainly traditional British food. All dishes are homecooked, and supplies are sourced locally wherever possible. We serve a great range of the finest coffees which are Fairtrade and Rainforest Alliance certified.Baggies is a charming Listed Building at the heart of Christchurch High Street.
“Bloomin' fab”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

My four year old and I were after some lunch after a busy morning. My son was crotchety and hungry and so we just wanted speed and something tasty. I have visited Baggies loads for takeaway but never eaten in. I had just left Kellys kitchen as they only provided an ' n chips' option for kids and had refused to make him a sanwich unless it was the full sized thing. Looking at the menu it seemed the same was the case here. I asked. A lovely guy offered a half sandwich option for my son, and spoke to him, asking what he would like in his sandwich and offering various drinks to him. He made our sandwiches quickly and served us. My sons was fabulous, with a lovely salad on the side, and he was wonderfully friendly and smiley throughout. I thanked him profusely and he brushed it off saying 'oh you're more than welcome'. In this day and age, and in Christchurch with all the places to eat, this sort of service should be the norm to ensure costomers return. Sadly, it isn't, but Baggies excelled itself. THANK YOU!

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank littlehippymama

Staffordshire Moorlands
“Good Full English”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

At last ! a cafe that actually serves your food on hot plates. Thoroughly enjoyed our full English breakfast and we were allowed to alter the items on the menu which some eating establishments dont allow. Will definitely dine with you again. Thankyou.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Mollymag007
New Milton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Disappointed!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Went into Baggies today 19th August. A previous visit proved excellent value for money with a very good choice of menu and slick service. However, today we went to Baggies for lunch on market day at 1pm only to find it very quiet. Our order was taken within a few minutes of arriving but at 1.35pm we had still not received an omelette and scrambled egg on toast. Twenty minutes after we arrived another couple sat at the next table to us and placed an order for two full English breakfasts. Within ten minutes their meals arrived! My wife asked the young waiter where were our meals and he went to find out. After a few minutes he returned to say that the meals would be a little longer. We asked why? Only to be told that there had been a problem in the kitchen. It was clear to us that the order had been forgotten. Our time in the car park was running out. No management came to apologise. We paid for the two coffees that we had hoped to have with our meal and left feeling very hungry.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Geoff T
Mike I, Owner at Baggies, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Jeff, I thank you very much for your review and feedback, and as new owner I apologies that we could not serve you with the service you have come to expect from us.

Monday is a market day and very busy as you have experienced in your last visit, and we have taken the following steps to improve and better serve our customer:
* We have had short of staff and now we have employed few more staff
* We have under taken and undergoing staff training to make sure that we serve our customer and keep them inform as soon as they arrive if any delay.

I have sent a personal replay to invite you and your wife as good well gesture for lunch on us to see the improvement for yourself.

Thanks again,

Mike

Owner / Director
Hampshire, UK
“Excellent value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Really enjoyed my tuna sandwich and partner enjoyed tuna jacket potatoe on recent first visit. Very good value for money when you compare what some cafes charge. Good choice of fillings. Staff were friendly and helpful. Will come again on our next visit to Christchurch.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank JCMHampshire_UK
Hordle, Hampshire, United Kingdom
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

I was absolutely thrilled with the quality of food and service!The breakfast is delicious and the Chocolate milkshake,topped with cream and coco powder is to die for!Thank you to all the employees who made my day spectacular!Try it out it is a lovely place to sit down and let your self go.No doubt about it 5/5!

By Dan.s age 10