“Great food”

Dining options: Reservations
Dorset, UK
“Great food”
Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

First visit and very pleasantly surprised. Superb food, friendly service and would definitely return. All 3 courses were excellent and presented well. Decor is dated but to me the food is the most important aspect and I could not fault it. Better than many so-called gastropubs I could mention.
Highly recommended.

Visited June 2014

Aylesbury
“Superb food”
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

I went here with my in laws on saturday and the food was fantastic. I had the goats cheese to start and fillet steak for main. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a top quality meal. However the comment you pay for what you get comes to mind as I found it not overly priced but expensive. But for excellent food you wouldn't expect it to be cheap. Will be returning again.

england
“Just fabulous!”
Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

Food and service just fantastic! Had lamb duo for main course - probably the best lamb dish I have ever eaten. Ginger cheesecake for dessert served with rhubarb ice cream - just amazing in a relaxed atmosphere! I am so impressed I am writing this before I get home!!

San Francisco
“Pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

I was a little worried about eating here as previous reviews are somewhat mixed. No need to worry though as we had a lovely meal. Service was very good, the staff were very pleasant and helpful. Would not hesitate to eat here again. Don't let the negative reviews put you off. The Crooked Beam has been here for many years, I wished I'd tried it sooner.

Visited May 2014
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“dated decor and unimpressed”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

My husband and I ate here a couple of weeks ago. We ate early around 7ish and we were the only diners. Service was slow and the food was uninspiring, as were the staff and the ambience. The decor is tired and shabby. We will not be returning.

• Visited March 2014