“lovely room and great breakfast”
Review of The Old Vicarage

The Old Vicarage
Ranked #69 of 155 Restaurants in Christchurch
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Old Vicarage is a six bedroom Country House set in the heart of ten acres of Gardens. Say "I Do" at The Old Vicarage! Tie the knot, then celebrate with a party to remember in our stunning Garden Marquee. The beautiful Botanical Gardens and Woodlands offer the most perfect back-drop for what will become the most memorable day of your lives. A dream setting, coupled with outstanding food and service, for you and your guest to enjoy. The Old Vicarage is Licensed for Ceremonies, in our beautiful Orangery and outside Summer House. We are here to work with you, our dedicated Wedding Co-Ordinators will be on hand from beginning to end, ensuring stress- free preparations. offering you the utmost in flexibility and attention to detail, each Wedding is tailored to your specification. Co-ordinate with our Cordon Bleu Chef to create an enticing Menu. We enjoy what we do and look forward to working alongside you to create the Wedding of your dreams!
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“lovely room and great breakfast”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Spent a lovely night at The Old Vicarage - breakfast included in the room rate and it was excellent
this is a lovely boutique hotel - our suite was very comfortable and spotless
lovely bath tub - but missed a shower

• Visited March 2013
TheOldVicarageHinton, Owner at The Old Vicarage, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for your kind review.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you soon.

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Bacon in my Vegetarian Roast! Service snails pace....”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We went for my birthday treat a few Sundays ago, service was polite but very slow, and they took other groups orders first who had arrived after us, never good. We all ordered roast, mine was a vegetarian strudel which sounded a nice change to vegetarian lasagne that all pubs seem to offer. As I dug in I saw pink bits in the cabbage, yuck! Bacon! I was almost sick, they apologised, re-plated, sent apologies from the head chef but obviously as a vegetarian I felt a little sick and disgusted. Pudding wasn't much to write home about. One was free due to the earlier mistake. We will not be back.

• Visited March 2013
Thank you for your review.

I am very sorry about the genuine mistake. I can only apologise.

If you would kindly call me on 01425 27706 I would like to discuss this further and invite you back sometime.to experience our usual good service.

I look forward to hearing from you

Cambridge, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“was it really roast dinner?”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We called in for Sunday lunch. I had roast pork, my daughter roast beef. Service was good and they were very helpful with off menu options for our toddler.
The vegetable part of the roast dinner was great, clearly plated up before the meat was put on top, but the meat was very dissappointing. Each plate had a few very thin slices of meat, tough in spite of being thin. They reminded me of the frozen meat in ready meal roasts - or wafer thin ham. At £10.99 each, the price is high enough to expect proper roast meat from a proper roast joint. An economy which means we won't be going back.

1 Thank Kathg872
When your order comes into the kitchen, the Chef cooks your meal, and then the chef dishes up the vegetables on to the plate and & places the meat on top of all of the vegetables. Sorry, I do not see the issue here.

We only us top quality fresh joints, a whole Pork Loin & Sirloin is Beef is cooked every Sunday. We cut our Roast Meat on a Charcuterie slicer, to ensure thinly sliced succulent meat. This does not mean you get any less. I am sorry this was not to your liking.

We have had many positive comments from our customers to say that they enjoy the meat served in this way.

Absolutely everything is cooked fresh and of the best quality.

Each roast dinner consists of the following - Choice of Roast Meat, rainbow carrots, kale, braised red cabbage, creamed leeks, cauliflower cheese, roast potatoes, Yorkshire pudding

Our Roast Sunday Lunch is priced at £10.50, which I believe is very good value for money.

England
“Tremendous”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Slow down as you drive through Hinton, turn off the main road toward the station for a bite at the restaurant here. I dined in three places in the area during my stay and this one was a clear winner.

Visited March 2013
Thank you for your kind review.

I am thrilled that you visited us during your stay.

We are a family run business, offering great service & attention to detail.

We cook with top quality, fresh local ingredients.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Christchurch, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

This was our fourth visit for Sunday lunch. On the three previous occasions we found the roasts
and vegetables nicely presented, well cooked and hot. However on this occasion the vegetables
were bland, warm and my cauliflower looked as if it had been left over from the day before. Yes another portion of perfectly cooked cauliflower was provided when I complained but should have been on my plate to begin with. This experience will make us think twice about returning for another Sunday lunch

• Visited February 2013
a
I am sorry to hear that your most recent visit did not meet our usual high standards.

I can assure you everything for our Sunday lunch is cooked fresh on the day.

The cauliflower must have been an unfortunate oversight that should not have been plated up, I am glad that you did mention this to your waitress & were served with a new portion.

I do hope you will join us again soon