“Decent breakfasts in a great loaction!”

The Noisy Lobster at Avon Beach
Ranked #4 of 157 Restaurants in Christchurch
Cuisines: Seafood, Cafe
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The restaurant at Avon Beach - now known as the Noisy Lobster - offers breakfast, lunch, light bites and dinner where patrons can enjoy one of the best views in the area.At the Avon Beach resort we also offer beach huts, an ice-cream parlour, seaside shop and takeaway cabin with a decking area to enjoy a great day at the beach.
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We have been visiting Avon Beach as a family for many years and it was great to see that someone has had the foresight to invest in the restaurant / catering facilities, well done for that it was much needed!

Last weekend we visited the restaurant on three occasions, once for coffee and cakes, on the other visits for breakfast. We were impressed on all occasions, the standard of the food is very good (much, much better than it was previously!) and the service was good, only struggling a bit on Sunday morning when it was very busy (but they apologised and arranged more drinks). We at various breakfast selections - from the Eggs Royal, the Mounties Choice - lashing of pancakes, bacon and maple syrup through to the more standard cooked breakfasts. All were very tasty, made from good quality ingredients and cooked to a good standard, we enjoyed it and will be back.

98StephenH, Owner at The Noisy Lobster at Avon Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Dear Ian,

Thank you for your recent review. I'm pleased that you enjoyed your breakfast on a busy Sunday morning and that you appreciate our investment in the site. We hope to see you again soon and thank you for uploading the pic.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Visited twice in one week. The meal and service fine the first time (had the dressed crab).
However the next visit was not the same experience. Ordered the fish and chips - it was awful. The waitress said it was cod but it did not appear so as it was a greyish colour not white usually seen with cod. It was a small piece of watery and tasteless fish in a lot of very soggy and tasteless batter under the initial crisp top layer. On complaining we were offered a free dessert or coffee which we declined so were given a 10% reduction off the bill. Not enough in my opinion to compensate for a spoiled meal.
Will probably not eat here again as can not be sure of the quality of the meal we will recieve.

2  Thank jensal093

Dear jensal093,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I'm sorry that you received inconsistent food on your visits. We are working very hard to ensure consistency and I have passed your comments about the fish and chips to the chefs. I do believe you were offered a replacement dish for your fish and chips which you declined, but I understand that we should be getting it right first time.

I do hope that you will try us again.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Excellent food, really friendly helpful staff.
Nice relaxed atmosphere.
All dishes including whole lobster were first class , our 3 year old loved here spaghetti bolonais, deserts were quality.
Well recommended
Can't believe the amount of staff to hand
Will go back on a regular basis , one of the best in the area

Dear niglowe,

Thank you for your recent review. I'm very pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit, especially our signature 'Noisy' lobster. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I have been travelling to this part of the coast for many years and have seen this beach side café mutate into a really fine eatery. I can only applaud the management team in shaking the dust of this little café and in doing so, they have delivered a fine dining experience that matches the fine views onto the Isle of Wight.

Roll on Spring 2014 when the late evening will only enhance the quality of the food.....Maybe a little back ground music would be a good idea, maybe live music!

Paul Lawrence Solvit Media .com

Dear Paul,

Thank you for your recent kind review. I'm really pleased you enjoyed your visit. Regarding live music, we will be doing this for Christmas parties and New Year's Eve, also in the new year when we hope to extend the venue into a more open plan restaurant that is more conducive to live music.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Visited this restaurant a few weeks ago after being recommended by a friend. Unfortunately while the food quality was OK the quantity was minimal. We had the lamb,half a potato ,teaspoon of peas and a small splatter of greens and the cost was just over £15. I complained and the response was that half a potato was small but that's how we do things here.. Left Hungry and won't go back

1  Thank steveagilent

Dear steveagilent,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.

I'm sorry to hear that you did not believe that our portion size was adequate. I have passed this feedback onto the chef. I do hope that you do come back and try us again as this is the first time I have heard of someone going home hungry.