“Good evening meal”

Ranked #4 of 155 Restaurants in Christchurch
Cuisines: Seafood, Cafe
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The restaurant at Avon Beach - now known as the Noisy Lobster - offers breakfast, lunch, light bites and dinner where patrons can enjoy one of the best views in the area.At the Avon Beach resort we also offer beach huts, an ice-cream parlour, seaside shop and takeaway cabin with a decking area to enjoy a great day at the beach.
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I visited the cafe in the evening to try the dining and overall I was impressed. I'd suggest going down and judging for yourself as the reviews here seem to all be for different experiences - afternoon coffee and cake, food and drink or a quick drink. I had no idea what to expect having looked at Trip Advisor before and the only reason I'm placing my review is to right a couple of wrongs.

I can only speak for myself and I found the service to be friendly and very quick, the menu ambitious and varied and the food itself... superb.

The seafood, which of course should be brilliant considering the location, was very very good. Not easy to get right straight away, especially as the menu appeared to be brand new. It appears that the owners are moving away from cheap and cheerful to a higher end experience.

I was delighted and so was my girlfriend. Cheers for a good one.

1  Thank RedForestRed
There are newer reviews for The Noisy Lobster at Avon Beach

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Every new business venture is a work in progress and thus far , this one reflects the enthusiasm and energy of the new owners . Well done for providing us with
a bright and spotlessly clean venue , where service is attentive and the menu is both varied and tempting . Undoubtedly the best coffee in town and an all out winner ! Keep smiling and in spite of what you may have read , above all else , stay POSITIVE ! ( You deserve to . ) We wish you well !

Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Such a nice sunny day prompted a quick visit to the beach with a pal who lives in nearby burton. I had my 2 yr old with me who is a little fidget if we had decided sit in, but the fact we bought takeaway lattes was great! Reasonably priced and good coffee! Enabled us to stroll back whilst Ava turned over a few stones and shells on the beach! The only thing I would say to Avon cafe is we had to go in and ask if they did take out as there was no indication of this on the menu boards outside, nor a drinks list outside that we could see. Possibly a good idea as missed oppurtunity

1  Thank C2LOO
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Dreadful menu .... Poor food.... Very slow service. Tried the soup but wish I hadn't. What a waste for such a great location!

2  Thank Wunner
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Re-visited the cafe recently with my family. In fairness there are a few signs of improvement since my last review - the plastic buckets of ketchup and cutlery have now gone and the decor has been updated. The coffee is also far superior to the other nearby cafes.
Still not impressed by having to wait for the bill - it seems difficult to catch the eye of the staff and it just causes confusion if you go in to pay. I think this will be a major cause of annoyance to customers when the summer season starts - and I wouldn't be surprised if some people just got up and walked.
On the day we visited they were obviously experimenting with a new queuing system and showing people to tables. Lots of muttering in the queue about this. Still - at least you can spend the time spotting the spelling mistakes - 'Ask a memeber of staff..', children's menu has a helpful note regarding 'algeries', etc.
In summary, I would recommend this venue for an excellent cup of coffee on the verandah. Interesting to note that the recent 'excellent' reports are all from first time Trip Advisors...

3  Thank ashggcsab123