“tasty food, helpful waitstaff, great local beers”
Review of Ye Olde George Inn

Ye Olde George Inn
Ranked #42 of 157 Restaurants in Christchurch
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 4, 2013

title says it all. i plan to make christchurch a regular weekend destination and i'll be stopping in here for sunday carver, or beers, or dinner, or whatever!

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I visited the pub early this month and found all the staff to be delightful, helpful and funny. Highly recommend this establishment to locals and tourists alike. When we first arrived I was welcomed by the Manager James who was full of enthuasim and rightly proud of his pub. My friends and I then enjoyed a lovely meal of local fish and spent the next few hours sampling their many choices of ale!!

Fab Time, Highly Recommend!!

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Visited in December with a group of friends. They all ordered drinks but I wasn't drinking. The "rugby" type bar man scoffed at me when I ordered a coffee as if I had made derogatory comments about his mother....and refused to make me one. He then asked again what I wanted....I replied that i wanted an orange and water....this was met with rude and unprofessional comments which I believe he thought were funny. My group did order food which was very nice....but the whole time we were there, he thought it funny to comment about me not drinking alcohol.
He may have found this funny.....but I thought it to be rude and very unprofessional. Would never set foot through the door again.....

2  Thank shepardo01
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We eat in the Barn at Ye Olde George on the last Sunday of each month and have never been disappointed. The meat is generally good and the vegetables are often a surprise, who decides what goes with what goes with what is a genius. The girls are always efficient, Georgie remembers that my wife who suffers with arthritis in her hands manages to cut more easily with a steak knife. It is nice to see Sinead back, her smile is always so welcoming and her service always good. James has shown that he can be a perfect manager as well as being a first class chef. His innovations have really enhanced the ambience.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

we didnt eat here but we sat with people who had and they enjoyed it. busy little place this, i spoke to the landlord when i was here and he was very cheerful and pleasant. nice little bar area, superb little beer garden, oh and do have a pint of piddle ! interesting history to this place too. dont forget to find out while you are there ! adam budd