Heronshaw House
$107
$90
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $109/night.

$188
$182
Lord Bute Hotel(Christchurch)
$156
$151
Orbitz.com
Premier Inn Christchurch Highcliffe(Highcliffe)(Great Value!)
$72
PremierInn.com
Premier Inn Christchurch (East) Hotel(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
$64
Travelodge Christchurch(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
$46
Travelodge
    Premier Inn Christchurch West Hotel(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
    $69
    PremierInn.com
    No availability for your dates from our partners
    All reviewsbournemouth airportearly flightlovely houseyogurtbe booking againrelaxing staynext morningmini breakovernight staynew foreststayed one nighta great place to staydouble roomthree nightsfull englishandreahosts
    Reviewed October 13, 2013

Heronshaw House has so much potential - sadly the owners have an over inflated sense of importance and can be downright rude at times. We were made to feel like we were a nuisance and that they were doing us some sort of favour letting us stay there. Despite the fact we had paid a small fortune! Since booking they had obviously changed their check-in times - I wasn't aware of the specific 2 hour window - and it does not state this on my booking form. I received quite a lot of verbal abuse from the owner which was very unexpected and upsetting - he was right of course - I learned there is no point arguing with someone who calls himself 'Chief'. If you leave the lights on in the lounges (which no one has asked you to turn off) that causes problems too. Breakfast is mediocre at best and on the plus side the beds are comfortable - the best bit about Heronshaw House is the moment you get to leave again. Do not be deceived by their website and price tag!

• Stayed: September 2013
    4  Thank VSmith879
    Reviewed September 8, 2013

Dirty carpets throughout. Very bare basic room, house in need of much TLC. Over priced. No evening meal available. Tea & coffee making facility in room but builders mugs provided. Breakfast was average. Will not be returning!

Room Tip: Unless you are happy with basic but costly, look elsewhere
    • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
    2  Thank Tom F
    Reviewed August 31, 2013

My husband and myself took his parents to Bournemouth as we had bought them tickets to see James Last. We spent quite a while on the internet searching for a hotel to stay at. My husband chose a few but I 'overuled' his choices as I felt that Heronshaw House looked more their 'cup of tea'. How disappointed I was then when we arrived to be told (after we had parked the car and removed all our baggage) that the kitchen was closed as the chef was 'incapacitated'. The host was a very welcoming man and kindly offered to book us a table at a local pub. This was very disappointing as we were looking forward to the gourmet food and also meant that on a very rare weekend away, one of us would be unable to have a couple of drinks due to having to drive to the said pub. We found the hotel and it's surroundings very picturesque though, agree with other's reviews in that we had no tv and no tea and coffee making facilities. The shower and facilities were nice though not spotless! Water also flooded our bathroom floor and the blind was not quite big enough to cover the whole window. The host welcomed us back from our meal out and served drinks but then said he was going to bed, leaving us to turn the lights off etc, this didn't really bother us but it did dawn on us later that we hadn't a clue as to how to get hold of him should we need him for anything and as I recall, there was no phone in the room either - furthermore, despite searching, we couldn't see any sign on the bedroom (back of the door usually) showing you the fire exits etc. Breakfast was lovely, homemade muesli, fresh fruit, yoghurt, fruit juice and a very tasty fry up. All in all, it wasn't a disaster but I do have to say, I felt ever so slightly miffed that we had paid quite a high price for very average accommodation.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
    1  Thank alfiebas
    Reviewed August 20, 2013

I have given this hosterly an "average" based on my single night experience some of which was very good and other parts not so good.
    I was warmly welcomed by the proprietor, however was greeted with reference to travelling up the road for dinner. I had looked at the website and find it quite misleading as 5 of the 7 pictures at the top are of food. Bearing in mind it is in the middle of the countryside, I would have expected to have the option of something to eat if I had given the opportunity of ordering in advance. Perhaps a notification on the website that it is strictly a bed and breakfast would be a good idea.

My bedroom was lovely, with a double shower and king size bed. I found the tea and coffee making tray, however the milk was missing and I didnt discover this until bedtime so it was too late to ask for any. The kettle was situated on one of the bedside tables and I thought this was a little dangerous. The bathroom had a lovely double walk in shower, however the neighbouring rooms bathroom was obviously cojoined (with a wall separating), as I could hear everything my neighbour was doing in the bathroom. Breakfast was lovely - homemade granola, fresh fruit and yoghurt etc, followed by a lovely full english breakfast. I didnt see any toast though there was butter on the table.
    We had a nice walk up the lane after we arrived, that is unfortunately spoiled by some fly tipping.
    I paid £105 for one night's stay which I think is a tad on the expensive side when little things like milk and toast were overlooked.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
    1  Thank Melanie B
    Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed overnight at Heronshaw House, it's very peaceful and tranquil. There are no televisions in the rooms and no white toast at breakfast!! The owners are very friendly and avid dog lovers (they have four). Bit expensive for what it is we thought.

Room Tip: All the rooms would be very quiet.
    • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple