“Tasty and well worth a visit”

Brown's Fish & Chips
Ranked #10 of 157 Restaurants in Christchurch
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I visit brown's fish and chip shop at least once a week. I can honestly say I have never ever had a bad meal. Portions seem adequate and price fair. Overall appeareance is nice and clean. They have a restaurant which I haven't used , but always seems full ,therefore speaks for itself. Staff very friendly and helpful .

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I'm from New England in America and I've never had a fish and chip as lovely as Brown's. I always look forward to having their haddock when I visit GB.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Offering both a Take Away and Dining service this is a popular establishment with a well deserved reputation for providing a wide range of fish and other dishes. The daily 'Special' is a cheaper alternative to the regular menu and so it is worth enquiring if you are seeking to save money.
Browns offer an interesting menu and include a number of deserts, unlike many similar establishments, so caters for those with a sweet tooth. Service can be a bit slow unless you arrive close to midday owing to the popularity of this clean friendly restaurant.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

I make a trip to Brown's roughly once every six months when I visit the area and it has never failed to be absolutely excellent, whether it's takeaway or eating in the restaurant. The food is perfectly done and very tasty and has been for years.

The service is charming and they have even let us in after they had technically already closed to make sure we didn't go home empty handed when we got the opening hours wrong!

Next on the list is trying the Brown's cake shop a couple doors down!

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Very poor quality potato - lots of black bits and very stale tasting. Soggy, unpleasant batter on both sausage and fish. On the positive side, the girls were friendly enough but we will never try again and can't understand the positive reviews. Shame as it's reasonably local but, once bitten......

2  Thank Stormdancer10