“Not for us”

Ranked #9 of 155 Restaurants in Christchurch
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Very poor quality potato - lots of black bits and very stale tasting. Soggy, unpleasant batter on both sausage and fish. On the positive side, the girls were friendly enough but we will never try again and can't understand the positive reviews. Shame as it's reasonably local but, once bitten......

2  Thank Stormdancer10
There are newer reviews for Brown's Fish & Chips

Reviewed December 26, 2012

I am a local caterer and eat out a lot , Brown fish and chip restuarant is excellent . staff friendly fish and chips first class and absolutly nothing to complain about . Keep up the good work !!!

Reviewed December 3, 2012

I had been recommended this restaurant by a fellow coeliac, not living in the area we timed our journey to arrive in time for lunch - it was busy so it was good we arrived early. The staff were very welcoming and attentive.
There was no issue with me requesting Gluten Free Fish, its good when the staff know about the condition and are aware of cross contamination. I ordered Cod and it was cook very well the batter was just right. The chips were great as well. I did not have the time to make a 2nd trip over the weekend but next time we travel that way we will make another stop there . The price is very good compared to where I live.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

This Fish & Chip shop is so much more than others in the general area. There is a choice of various batters or steamed!
We ate in.
Rosie served us - she explained the menu & the goals of the business. Don't let her leave!
The plates were hot (thank you), the fish great & the coffee/tea freshly brewed.
We were delighted by the total price.
It's on our A-list for the Christchurch area.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

It's been ages since I've had fish and chips but I thought I would treat myself to some, I really really really wish I did not go to browns, the service was appalling the wait time was ridiculous and when I placed the order they refused to cook it so I had to choose an alternative, when I received the food the batter was undercooked the fish was dry and tasteless and the chips could be used as bullets, I WILL NEVER RETURN TO BROWN'S there predecessor was far superior its so sad when a good company changes hands and it turns to crap

3  Thank Azelum