“Appaling”

Ranked #13 of 157 Restaurants in Christchurch
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 13, 2012

It's been ages since I've had fish and chips but I thought I would treat myself to some, I really really really wish I did not go to browns, the service was appalling the wait time was ridiculous and when I placed the order they refused to cook it so I had to choose an alternative, when I received the food the batter was undercooked the fish was dry and tasteless and the chips could be used as bullets, I WILL NEVER RETURN TO BROWN'S there predecessor was far superior its so sad when a good company changes hands and it turns to crap

3  Thank Azelum

Reviewed October 12, 2012

How lovely, went to Browns fish and chip resturant for lunch, it was yummy, fish was as fresh as it can be, the chips were golden brown and perfectly fluffy, the menu was obviously fish and chip based, but there were a choice of healthier options and a selection of different fish, the waiting staff were attentive and genuinely pleased to see news faces, the portion was huge and fantastic quality, my son who is 18 months old was even offered complementary lunch, in addition the Resturant was immaculate and freshly decorated...only sad thing....not enough room for pudding, all in all a lovely lunch.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Fantastic fish and chips at great value , even offer fish cooked in breadcrumbs as well as traditional batter which my daughter loved. If you are staying any where in the area then this is a must visit. Be warned that the restaurant closes at 7.30 pm which is slightly disappointing however like i said a must visit.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

We took our 6yr old with coeliac disease for his first ever fish and chips - food excellent, staff friendly and helpful, menu easily accessible and no big drama about needing gluten free. Price good too. Would definitely recommend this for a gluten free diner.

1  Thank Louise B
Reviewed August 15, 2012

there are better chippys ie: Alexander and Sons in stanpit round the corner.
Staff are rubbish at browns

2  Thank DeeDee1983