“All round 5 star experience”
Review of The Jetty

The Jetty
Ranked #1 of 155 Restaurants in Christchurch
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Guildford
“All round 5 star experience”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I've eaten quite a few times at the jetty now and I have to say the staff, food and atmosphere is always exceptional. I don't live in the area but when I visit and dine out the jetty would be at the top of my list to eat. The staff are fantastic, particularly Charlie and the food is outstanding and great value for money. Everything is always maintained at a very high standard. We recently had a special birthday for my dad at the jetty with 30 plus guests and they couldn't of done it better. Thank you to all the team at the jetty. 5 star!!

AJAitken, General Manager at The Jetty, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us, I have passed on your kind words to the staff which motivates the whole team to do what they do. We love to hear how people have enjoyed there time with us, both new and old friends of the restaurant especially on such special occasions.

S.Wales
“Superb!”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

We had a truly memorable evening here. Excellent food, good service and great wine, all in beautiful surroundings. As it got dark we watched dozens of swans glide around outside on the incoming tide. A perfect end to a lovely evening.
I'm going back as soon as I can & would recommend you go too.

AJAitken, General Manager at The Jetty, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you for such a fantastic review. It is great to hear you enjoyed a superb meal especially with the back drop of all the swans we have at this time of year. We look forward to seeing you in the restaurant again soon
New York City, New York
“Wonderful Dining Ambience and by the way the food was good too”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

We had an early dinner, mid-week and sat for over two hours watching the place fill up with guests, enjoying the sun set and the Christchurch tide wash in...the modern architecture, the floor to ceiling windows, the flight of cheeses and wines.....spectacular.

AJAitken, General Manager at The Jetty, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your complete dining experience with us. We hope to welcome you back to the restaurant again soon
Dorset, United Kingdom
“birthday treat”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

We visted the restaurant on the hottest day of the year so far ( July 17th) and were greeted with splendid views across Mudeford Bay. The sea was twinkling and we looked forward to a relaxed lunch. The menu and especially the wine is expensive but quality is very good.
Could be more generous with amounts but our main issue was with time between courses.
25 mins before our order was taken then almost an hour before our main course.
I complained to the manager and I explained this had really spoilt our day. We were deciding to leave and settle the bill on what had but suddenly our main course arrived.
The only compensation given even though we did'nt expect any was omitting the 10% service charge! Wow!
Quailty good, expensive, quantity not enough and very poor service..
will not return.

1 Thank Benjamin96
AJAitken, General Manager at The Jetty, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the restaurant. At this time of year with such fabulous weather, we regularly have guests turn up early for their reservations. Sometimes even an hour before the agreed time like yourselves. We fully welcome this so that people can enjoy the wonderful views whilst looking over the menu and even possibly enjoy some of our Jetty Bites whilst making their choices.
We do endeavour to take a main order earlier than the booked time if possible. However on this occasion we had a full house and the order was taken on the reservation time of 1.30pm, not on your arrival time of 12.30pm thus why it took an hour.
After speaking to you I understood that you had enjoyed the food but in your opinion had found the service slow, that is why the service charge was removed and no other amendments were made to the bill. I can only apologise if this wasn't clear on the day and I do hope you change your minds and join us again so you can have the dining experience I believe we offer.
Cardiff
“Incredible food, location and excellent service”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

The best and most memorable meal we have had for many years.
The starters of scallops, tempura prawns, oysters and crab with asparagus were so succulent, and tasty.
I can highly recommend the curried monkfish, the turbot and hake were just as delicious I have been reassured.
We were treated like we were special although the restaurant was very busy.
The location of the restaurant on the waterfront is amazing.
I want to come back again soon.

AJAitken, General Manager at The Jetty, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
It is great to hear this is the most memorable meal you have had for many years, it is reviews like this that drive the whole team. We look forward to welcoming you back soon in the restaurant