“A special treat”

Cuisines: Seafood, British
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 15, 2014

I no longer live in the UK but have been here several times whenever I come back to visit family and have always had an excellent meal. I distinctly remember a superlative beef Wellington, fabulous cold fruits de mer, simple and tasty lemon sole, wonderful tempura prawns and divine desserts (the rhubarb soufflé is sublime!). It is expensive but worth it. The views are amazing, the service is attentive yet unobtrusive. Easily one of the best restaurants in the area.

AJAitken, General Manager at The Jetty, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2014

It is great to hear you come and dine with us when you come back to visit the UK, and always have an excellent meal with some of our classic dishes.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the restaurant on our next visit

Write a ReviewReviews (2,058)

Reviewed July 12, 2014

We had the seasonal menu for dinner at the Jetty, you have to order by 7pm. It was excellent food and good size portions. Good value we thought. Stunning views too.

Thank you for such a great review and that you had a fabulous meal. We hope to see you again soon in the restaurant

Reviewed July 12, 2014

We've been intending to dine at the Jetty for ages but we are spoilt for choice with restaurants in this area and have just not got round to a visit before yesterday. The location, particularly on a warm sunny day, is wonderful. The place has a great feel to it. As you walk in, you are immediately warmly greeted by a member of staff who efficiently shows you to your table. Even the booking by telephone was courteous, friendly and helpful. The staff are brilliant, friendly, fun, efficient but also somehow unobtrusive. We didn't have to "catch the waiter's eye" for anything as they were ever watchful but not "in your face. Now let's talk about the food. It's not the cheapest meal on the block but it was worth every penny". The portions aren't huge either but every mouthful was absolutely delicious and beautifully presented and the hot food was hot. There was an amuse bouche of chilled pea soup and warm bread which was divine. On our table we had twice cooked cheese soufflé, potted shrimps and cod cheeks with pork belly and cauliflower puree. All dishes were delectable. Two of our party opted for a fish main course and two for lamb rump. Once again all dishes were delicious and faultless. Three of us chose sticky toffee pudding as a dessert. This was moist and full of flavour but not overly sweet with delicious toffee ice-cream. We chose from the cheaper, local produce menu and, at £22 for 3 courses, we all agreed that it was a truly splendid dining experience. Apart from a visit to Raymond Blanc's Manoir aux Quatre Saisons, this is the only time I've eaten out in recent years where I cannot fault the experience. Finally, there was an extensive wine list with some wines available by the glass and my husband had a fine grappa in lieu of a dessert which he thoroughly enjoyed. Thank you Alex Aitken and team - we'll be back!

Thank you firstly for such a fantastic review it has motivated the team immensly that you found the dining experience faultless. We are so happy that you chose to dine with us and have now found the restaurant. We look forward to welcoming you back to the restaurant soon

Reviewed July 12, 2014

This is one of a series of reviews of meals taken on a gastronomic tour of Hampshire in Summer 2014.
Some imaginative dishes and good presentation here. A pigeon starter was well conceived and well executed, but I felt it was slightly under-seasoned. My main was irresistible when I saw it on the menu - fish cassoulet. The classic version of a cassoulet is a stew with beans, where the beans absorb all the depth of flavour of the main ingredient - usually duck, but fish in this case. The problem with modern versions of these dishes is that the fish gets cooked at the last moment, so that it is perfectly cooked, but fails to impart its flavour to the rest of the dish. As I started to eat the fish that sat on top of the dish, I bemoaned the dryness of it. Once I got down to the bottom of the dish, there was a tasty broth, but still lacking depth of flavour. So overall, nice idea, but please go back to the classic approach. Tell diners on the menu that it's the classic cassoulet and let them go for one of the other fish dishes if they want a more modern approach.
Pudding was an apple calvados parfait with tarte tatin. I think the parfait had seen the calvados over the other side of the room, but it tasted pleasant enough and the tarte was similarly tasty, if just a little on the small side.
Overall, a pleasant meal and I would recommend the restaurant, but don't expect anything earth shattering.

Thank you for taking the time to review the restaurant and going into such depth on the dishes. I am so glad that you enjoyed the majority of your meal, I'm sorry you didnt enjoy our seafood cassoulet. We like to cook the white beans, chorizo and tomato fondue first to get those flavours in the stew, then cook the fish and shellfish seperately. I thank you for the comments though so we can let guest know it is not necessarily the classic recipe but our ''Jetty'' take on the dish.
We hope to see you again on your next gastronomic tour

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Had a very pleasent experience. Staff greeting very friendly. Had fish for main and my partner had steak. Both were very well presented and cooked exactly to our request. There is a lovely ambiance in this modern restaurant . Situated on the river the views of the swans and the river are very calming and refreshing. Overall a very pleasant experience.

We are so happy that you enjoyed your complete dining experience including the view and the number of swans we have at this time of year. We look forward to welcoming you back to the restaurant soon