“Great venue for a Birthday/Special Occasion - esp for Fishlovers”
Review of The Jetty

The Jetty
Ranked #1 of 157 Restaurants in Christchurch
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Wonderful romantic birthday celebration with my lovely wife. I asked in advance for a nice table - it was perfect.

The staff we excellent, chatty but not invasive...just a good balance. Even as we arrived and they took our coats the waiter/barman wished my wife a happy birthday!

I could have eaten everything on the menu...such a great selection. I chose the Fruits de Mare (hot) could have been a main course....superb and my wife chose the Mudeford Fish Soup, she loved it. We loved the celeriac refresher before the main courses: I chose the Sea Bream and my wife the Pheasant....all outstanding.

We had Tiramisu and Almond Praline to finish but that's understating it! The praline came with a delicious sesame tuile and pineapple beer...and the tiramisu in white chocolate.

They then served some lovely petite fours with the coffees with fondant writing "happy birthday!"

No big sing along just subtle class from an outstanding restaurant that listened to my request.

We'll be back!! Oh yes!

Reviewed January 10, 2014

Always good, its a favorite of ours. the wines could be cheaper but they do have some special fine wines in each time we go

Reviewed January 8, 2014

I was a first visitor and was pleasantly surprised by the friendliness of the staff, they were really relaxed and helpful, very nice. I am quite difficult to please when I eat out and for me it wasn't perfect but very nice all the same. I didn't quote perfection because my main dish wasn't hot and the portions were a little slim but taste, service and atmosphere were fab. I wasn't allowed to see the bill as luckily my sis paid the tab but I guess it wasn't cheap!

Reviewed January 8, 2014

In the Top Ten for us both. Fantastic meal, brilliant service as usual, Great atmosphere spoilt only by the taxi to the resturant

Reviewed January 7, 2014

omg, omg. Having moved to Dorset from London some years ago we have always yearned after the sort of service and food you can expect in the captital but which is always lacking outward.
Look no more because if your after sophistication, location, service and value then well please do your self a service please come here, I guarantee you will not be disappointed ( unless of course the staff are having a bad night or something, who knows).
If you have 90 minutes to spare go for the taster menu at 55 per head otherwise choose from the main menu, but please please do not forget the fois gras option on the starter..that will blow you away seriously. For the main we went with the chicken and turbot both of which were outstanding.
The wine selction looks to be first class. We went for a recommended meduim range white, the Ana sauvignon blanc 2013, which I complemented the waitress on as being a good choice. I even took a picture of the label so as not to forget ( ah so many wines all look the same!).

To compare, the only place on par with this place in my experience is Chewton Glen and I have to say that the food here is much much better althought the Glen may have a better wine cellar.

Nothing else in Bournemouth/Poole compares (certainly not The Edge!!)

Tip left even though service charge was included.

I defy you, any of you to give this place a bad review. Do your utmost!