“Local deelish”

Cuisines: Seafood, British
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I was a first visitor and was pleasantly surprised by the friendliness of the staff, they were really relaxed and helpful, very nice. I am quite difficult to please when I eat out and for me it wasn't perfect but very nice all the same. I didn't quote perfection because my main dish wasn't hot and the portions were a little slim but taste, service and atmosphere were fab. I wasn't allowed to see the bill as luckily my sis paid the tab but I guess it wasn't cheap!

There are newer reviews for The Jetty

Reviewed January 8, 2014

In the Top Ten for us both. Fantastic meal, brilliant service as usual, Great atmosphere spoilt only by the taxi to the resturant

Reviewed January 7, 2014

omg, omg. Having moved to Dorset from London some years ago we have always yearned after the sort of service and food you can expect in the captital but which is always lacking outward.
Look no more because if your after sophistication, location, service and value then well please do your self a service please come here, I guarantee you will not be disappointed ( unless of course the staff are having a bad night or something, who knows).
If you have 90 minutes to spare go for the taster menu at 55 per head otherwise choose from the main menu, but please please do not forget the fois gras option on the starter..that will blow you away seriously. For the main we went with the chicken and turbot both of which were outstanding.
The wine selction looks to be first class. We went for a recommended meduim range white, the Ana sauvignon blanc 2013, which I complemented the waitress on as being a good choice. I even took a picture of the label so as not to forget ( ah so many wines all look the same!).

To compare, the only place on par with this place in my experience is Chewton Glen and I have to say that the food here is much much better althought the Glen may have a better wine cellar.

Nothing else in Bournemouth/Poole compares (certainly not The Edge!!)

Tip left even though service charge was included.

I defy you, any of you to give this place a bad review. Do your utmost!

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We selected the Jetty to break up our trip from Brighton to Weymouth-what a great choice! We were seated with a window table and met with a friendly and welcoming manner. We selected the Seasonal menu. My wife's double cheese souffle was rich and velvety and my mussels were fantastic. My wife chose the halibut and it did not disappoint. Wonderfully moist and tasteful.I enjoyed the bream with chorizo--dynamite! We selected the wine flight and the choices were very complimentary. The service and servers were wonderful.
We enjoyed the changing weather on the water with the parade of waterfowl.
We read about this restaurant in the food section of the Times listing the 100 best in the UK.
Well worth a visit to spend a few hours to enjoy the food, ambiance and people who work hard to make your repas enjoyable. Thanks!

Reviewed January 5, 2014

We really enjoyed an impromptu visit to The Jetty at New Year, having been many times before with varying degrees of success. We liked their personal touch and the straight forward, fresh menu with oriental twists. It is being renovated soon, which should take it into the league it deserves to be in.