“Decent Italian Food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Excellent and reasonable Italian food to enjoy with friends before visiting the Regent Centre for a show

1  Thank Jan G

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Once again, we visited this lovely little restaurant. What some may say is dated we call it charm and full of atmosphere and wonderful attentive staff - so they may not be italian but they do serve great italian food in an italian restaurant. We have been coming to this lovely place for over 25 years and the food is every inch as good now as it was then. I can thoroughly recommend the pizzas with succulent toppings just oozing over a wonderful crispy base. We also had the mushrooms to start with their delicious sauce and a starter portion of pasta which was so huge that we shared it around the table. We also had steak and chicken dishes again wonderfully prepared and served with piping hot vegetables (which I like - who wants soggy warm veg). All washed down with wine and coffees. Please give this place a try. Nothing comes out of plastic bags in this restaurant. Everything is prepared from scratch and is weel worth any wait.

1  Thank P S
Reviewed December 14, 2012

A grumpy welcome made us feel as though we were intruding. That said, the service improved a little when we were served by one of the waitresses. She was lovely.

Whilst waiting for our drinks and food order we observed the dated surroundings and it is as though time has stood still. We also noticed the dust! It’s a shame as I recall it being a nice place to eat when I was younger. Plus, it's in such a prime location.

Food wasn’t too bad, at least mine was good. My son enjoyed his, but my husband was very disappointed with his pizza saying that it tasted like a standard shop bought frozen pizza.

But the worst part was the cleanliness of the toilets. The sink was filthy and I began to question how clean their kitchen was?

I really hope this little restaurant improves as it's in such a great location and can produce some good food.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

we went for my Birthday so worst diner ever!!!!!!! I do work making pizza for a take-away place and i can asure any dominos, papa johns, pizza hut make better pizzas. Anyway that's not all. can someone teach the "cheff" to put the green beans in cold water to keep them green or to roast the potatoes after poach them not just warm then in the oven or to cook a bechamel 1lt milk 35 gr butter 35 gr flour nutmeg, onion, bay leave clove and white pepper It is not hard i can do that and i work in a take-away place. I am sorry for the service it is shame a really good service got the worst kitchen ever. :S 5 point for the service dont go there not good at all.!!!!!!!!

Reviewed November 16, 2012

With a warm friendly welcome we sat down and tucked into a tasty bruschetta. However, within a few minutes of finishing, my pizza arrived.... obviously straight from the microwave.... far too hot and lacking in a crisp fresh base (rubber-like is more apt). Although the staff are friendly and polite, the food is a let down, the restaurant was almost empty despite the numerous spiders and spiders webs in the gents making up the numbers. There are certainly far superior and more modern Italian eateries across the road, and clearly Pinocchio's just can't compete. On a plus note, my wife did enjoy her Penne al a vodka!