“A great place for a weekend lunch time meal”
Review of The Ship Inn

The Ship Inn
Ranked #23 of 157 Restaurants in Christchurch
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Restaurant/Pub
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I have visited the ship several times recently for lunch. It is a fine old building on Christchurch High street. The interior is cool and inviting with old beams and modern decor. They greet you as if they assume you are going to be a lifelong regular.
The food is pub fare but everything is wonderfully cooked and served to you table speedily.
It is a great place to meet friends, eat or just while away a hour or two.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

I went here for a romantic dinner with my partner and it was lovely! The food was of a very high standard with excellent presentation. I had a trio of duck and it was superb.

The price wasn't bad either considering the standard of the food.

The pub it's within is very vibrant and modern but still friendly.

Would definitely visit again for a special occasion.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Dropped in here on a very wet Sunday for a late lunch half an hour before they stopped serving food and were treated like VIPs.

Nothing was too much trouble for them.
The menu is varied without being overwhelming and the specials menu is actually accurate as to what is available on the day from the fish caught locally.
Service was attentive and polite. Food arrived in good time, very well presented and very well cooked in a decent portion size.

To say that they were looking to stop service, nothing was too much trouble and everything was cooked fresh without rush.

Good bear too!

Highly recommend The Ship.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Visited for lunch with my wife. We had never even bothered to look at the menu before the smoking ban but we noticed that they are supporters of The Regent Cinema/Theatre recently so decided to give it a try. The menu outside is augmented by a "specials board" inside where we spotted Lamb Tagine. We both had this followed by Lemon Possett on the desserts "specials board" also inside. We found the food and drink to be fine and we certainly had no complaints about the service. We had 3 girls serve us and all of them were efficient and friendly. The place was very busy with people going to the cinema which is just over the road. I am astonished at some of the negative comments on Tripadvisor so all I can say is give it a try yourselves and see what you think.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I recently had the misfortune of eating in this pub. The cost for a two course meal approx £20 and three courses aprrox £24. I ordered the sirloin steak which arrived with some chips, one mushroom and salad garnish. The food was cold, the steak very chewy and tasteless. If you order steak bring your own steak knife as difficult to cut through. I and my friends work for a very large local organisation and none of us would recommend that you eat there.