“Brilliant Breakfast”
Review of Beautiful South

Beautiful South
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Christchurch
Beautiful South
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Excellent breakfast - lunch not required!
Very friendly welcome, warm, comfy bed, big bathroom (but no bath)
Reasonable price, about 10mins walk to town centre, close to station.
very accommodating as my husband had to arrive early in the day,which wasn't
a problem.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 17, 2012

I originally planned on booking with a hotel but so pleased that I found this lovely b&b. Met Kevin when I arrived who instantly makes your feel welcome. The room was very nice and extremely clean and the breakfast was a perfect start to the day. I would certainly come again the next time I am in the area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 30, 2012

This B&B is excellent with a clean, tidy and warm stay. My husband & I enjoyed a week with Kevin and Debbie who are the proprietors. It's really a very good family guest house. The breadfast is delicous. The most important is that Kevin and Debbie are not making their own business but they are ambassadors of Christchurch. They are sincere and helpful whenever you need. It is very good for those visitors who are visiting Christchurch for the first time like us. The warmest home-feel is excellent. We will highly recommend this Beautiful South to other visitors.
From : Mr & Mrs KC FAN (Hong Kong)

Room Tip: The rooms are clean and tidy. The place qre quite and nice. The proprietors, Kevin and Debbie are g...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I have to say this is the best B&B I have ever stayed in. The rooms are all bright, tasteful and immaculately clean (I checked them all out as I am nosey!), nothing looks tired or out of date. Kevin welcomed us all by name and made us feel like friends staying in his home, rather than guests, and couldn't do enough for us. The breakfast was amazing with the best poached eggs ever! We will definitely be back :0)

Room Tip: ALL the rooms are bright and well looked after, and everything is immaculately clean.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We have just returned from another wonderful 3 night stay at Beautiful South. Kevin greets us like we are friends and make the children feel very welcome, nothing is too much trouble and he throws the jokes in for free!!! The bedroom is clean and spacious and we loved the new flat screen tv. Kevin should be very proud of his breakfasts as I promise, you will not get better all freshly cooked to order. We will be back Kevin and Debbie look forward to seeing you. Thank you xx

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a weekend in June with my mum and sister, for a girl’s weekend away. We felt extremely welcomed by the lovely owners who were friendly, helpful and accommodating – for example when we requested some decaf tea bags for my heavily pregnant sister they were immediately brought up to the room (and her bags were carried and she was really given special treatment and looked after throughout our stay which was lovely). Breakfast was really delicious, one of the best I’ve ever had in a B&B. While the location is a little way out of the town centre (although within walking distance), there is free parking right outside and the location was more than made up for by the bright, clean and spacious room - and amazingly comfortable beds. We were able to book into a family room with a double and a single bed which made it excellent value for a group of three, and there was plenty of floorspace for a room with three people – not a case of just ramming in enough beds and then filling the whole room, like you sometimes get. The large, immaculately clean and modern en suite bathroom was also great. I would definitely stay again, and would give ten out of ten to the owners!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We had a wonderful stay. Kevin was so friendly and welcoming, Gave us some good tips for getting around and helped us find out information about specific locations that we needed. Rooms were spacious and clean. Breakfast was great with Kevin and Debbie going out of their way to ensure we had what we wanted. Many thanks for a lovely weekend, we will be back :)

Room Tip: Twin room had a bath, family room a shower, so depends on your preference.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family