“Good coffee”

Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Coffee lovely; ditto pizza - if you go for lunch. Not much else to eat, and cake/buns usually stale.
Service pleasant but not prompt.
Nice to have newspapers available.
Music very loud and badly chosen.

1  Thank Tessa P

Reviewed November 28, 2012

We happen to be in Christchurch and needed somewhere to eat, it was pouring down with rain so just dived into Soho thinking it served a variety of food but were disappointed that it was all based around pizzas and burgers. Not wishing to have a pizza it had to be a burger for me. As far as burgers go it was OK but nothing special. The salads looked OK too but again nothing special. The food was reasonably price and on par with other similar eateries. The drinks were a tad on the high side, again like other eateries, which is how they make their money I suppose.

The staff were helpful and smiley but slow to clear tables between courses. In fact we cleared ours as it was not going to happen otherwise.

If you are looking for a bar restaurant that verges on the fast food style then this is for you. However not for us.

1  Thank FirstStrategy
owhittle, Public Relations Manager at Soho, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

HI,
Thanks for your feedback and we apologise you did not feel the Soho was as good as it can be. We advertise as a cafe/restaurant/pizza venue and specialize in this area. However, we still offer a variety of salads, baguettes, ciabattas and wraps for anyone who would prefer something different
We hope you will visit us again and enjoy the high level of service and food we strive to achieve
Thanks
Olly

Reviewed November 24, 2012

At the time of my visit, I didn't mind paying slightly overpriced prices for a mundane lunch menu and when the food arrived it was presented nicely and tasted lovely. I do normally pass such harsh judgement but after hours of throwing up I had gained a lot of perspective and that's when it occurred to me...during our romantic getaway at a local hotel, the only thing me and my partner didn't share was our food at this restaurant. I had a chicken pizza, he had the vegetarian option. Hours later I was re-visiting my meal in the sink while he slept blissfully next door. These may be the bitter words of an unhappy customer on the other side of 24hours of hell, the details of which I will spare you. This place is awful, stay clear.

1  Thank RoxyC1
owhittle, Owner at Soho, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

HI

I was very disappointed to read this review as we take great pride in the standard of food we serve our customers on a daily basis. Our pizzas are cooked at 450-500c and we have very strict health and safety procedures that are checked daily. At this heat and no previous problems with food poisoning, it is highly unlikely that your unfortunate illness was from eating in Soho and could instead, have been a mutiple of causes that to pinpoint on Soho is unfair.

We work very hard at Soho, including the level of customer service and the quality of food we strive to achieve each day we are open.

Whilst we are happy for feedback that we will always listen to and act on to improve Soho, I was so disappointed you asked people to stay clear despite explaing the food tasted lovely.

We hope one day you might return and enjoy the work, service and passion we inject into Soho each day we open the doors at Soho

Regards

Chris Rice

Reviewed November 8, 2012

My mum and I visited this place for a spot of lunch. We were impressed with the atmosphere and layout of the cafe. It feels bit like a restaurant but still nice to go to for lunch. It turns into a cocktail bar in the evening I think. Although it had a huge telly in the middle but we sat elsewhere so we couldn't see it. Most of the menu is pizza as it is primarily a pizza place.

The food was absolutely lovely - we shared a large rustic pizza, it had goats cheese, asparagus and cranberry relish. A very reasonable £9.50 and it was piled with toppings and had a lovely thin base. We also bought a side salad which was also substantial. I thought we wouldn't be filled up but we really were, the portions were great.

I would absolutely recommend this place and will be visiting soon!

Reviewed November 4, 2012

As we were a party of 14 for a birthday we skipped the vibrating order system and were served at the table. However, the overall service was remarkably slow from start to finish.

My pizza (BBQ chicken), when it eventually arrived, was acceptable, but not a patch on those served across the road in Pizza Express. One tip: take your own knife as this restaurant provides only blunt children's safety versions.

Things then got worse with the 'DJ' playing at a volume that made even shouty conversation difficult.

Given the plethora of new and long-standing premises in Christchurch that serve lovely food, this won't be one we rush back to soon.

1  Thank H0nestB0b

HI,

We are sorry to hear your feedback on Soho and our services as we take great pride and work very hard to offer the best food and customer service possible

We have DJs every Friday and Saturday night in Soho, this is part of our attraction for a weekend night which we advertise on our website and make all tables eating downstairs aware of

We hope you'll visit us again and we might prove our passion to provide a great customer service and a good night out

Thanks