“Great christmas meal”

Captain's Club Hotel & Spa
Ranked #14 of 157 Restaurants in Christchurch
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Club restaurant is open for all day dining and offers a single menu encompassing a range of exciting dishes all to two AA rosette standard. A team of twelve chefs look after your every need and we cater for vegetarians and vegans too. We offer a shipmates junior menu for our younger guests. Beautiful views of the river and alfresco dining on the terrace during the summer months. Breakfast served from 7.30am, last orders for dinner are taken at 9.30pm.
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Excellent food and presentation, staff very helpful. The food arrived hot and at the same time as 9 others on my table.

Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

CC for lunch before flying to Thailand. Beer battered cod, handcut chips and mushy pea purée. Best piece of cod I have eaten. Excellent service. Becks £4.20 a pint. Brilliant start to a holiday

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Order was taken by a very pleasant waitress who was just
right. She was not intrusive and yet very efficient. Drinks were served almost immediately and the food followed shortly
afterwards. I can`t say that the food is cheap but it is worth
it as everything is so good and you come away having enjoyed
a pleasant experience instead of feeling miffed by poor service and food which sometimes happens in other establishments.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

We are regulars for lunch at Captains Club and today, as usual, the food was excellent and the service was attentive. The fixed price lunch is great value.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I am a regular at the Captains Club and always have a lovely time here. We have had a work Christmas party here, and instead of the usual mass produced cold faire produced by mother towels, we had lovely food, with a good festive atmosphere.
We have had a few birthdays in the main restaurant including my 30th and my dads 60th and we always have the Sunday dinner, the buffet is legendary with enough oysters, mussels and smoked salmon to sink the place! My brother and his girlfriend are both gluten intolerant and are always offered alternatives including some gluten free bread which was a nice touch.
The spa is lovely and they do good midweek deals with facials and a two course lunch for a very reasonable price, again the food was exemplary and I came out feeling refreshed and relaxed.
The drinks are a little pricey but that is to be expected in a hotel, and the cocktail list is awesome! The raspberry mojitos are a particular favourite.
We have also indulged in one of their afternoon teas, which is very reasonably priced for the amount of cake you get.
I will continue to return here again and again for special occasions as it is a lovely place to eat and drink.

1  Thank ClaraCluck100